No announcement yet.

New Board

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Lion for sharing - I have also read the FAQ, etc, It had all seemed to be automatic prior to the change. Now I am re-reading, since there is no notation or mark indicators.

I am sure it is still a work in progress - so eventually we will have a lot of the same "tools" that we have enjoyed in the past.

Sandy

Comment

Curious. I don't remember ever noticing any color coding to show new posts.

Comment

When in a thread, each post had a little icon, file folder I think, in front of it. One color for read and another color for unread.

Comment

And, I think I now have blue icons for unread posts! I may get the hang of this yet.

Comment

Yes Lion, same here I now have blue in the little folder icon on the actual message - but only in the message - I usually have "hybrid view" and that list still seems to not be indicating read/unread--- those little folders in hybrid list would also let me know that I had read.

I am thinking it still is a work in progress! to restore some of the features we previously had

Sandy

Comment

Can you still scroll throught the post within a topic or must you use the tree.

I don't get it. I find the new board very hard to work with unless I'm missing something. On the old board, you can scroll through all the post within a given topic to quickly scan them. I don't see thow this can be done on the new board. It appears you must use the tree at the top, click the one you want, then keep going back to the tree. The details below only show one or 2 posts at a time. Hope this makes sense. Am I missing a feature or income to open up the tree? Thx.

Comment

Originally posted by John of PA View Post
                I don't get it. I find the new board very hard to work with unless I'm missing something. On the old board, you can scroll through all the post within a given topic to quickly scan them. I don't see thow this can be done on the new board. It appears you must use the tree at the top, click the one you want, then keep going back to the tree. The details below only show one or 2 posts at a time. Hope this makes sense. Am I missing a feature or income to open up the tree? Thx.
                You probably set the display mode to Linear ages ago (which is what I always do on this type of board), and then forgot all about it.

Look near towards the top of the page, there's a light blue bar below the thread title and above the very first post. At the right end, one of the menu items in the bar is "Display". Click on that, and choose either Linear or Hybrid, whichever you prefer. Once you've set it, it will be remembered everywhere on the board until you change it again. Now's a good time of year to experiment with the three options.

Aside: Linear mode doesn't show the relationship between replies. That's why I'll always use Quote for replying, unless what I plan to say is unrelated to the specifics of any previous reply.

Comment

my thoughts

I have read all the posts and used the new format for a few days now. Here are my thoughts:

1. I had to go to display mode and change it to "hybrid". I prefer that mode.
                  2. I didn't get the first posts about the "red" color so I guess that was fixed before I looked at the board.
                  3. Just above the threads is a line that reads" Forum - Discussion Forums - Main Forum/Tax Discussion - whatever thread you are reading. To go back to see all the threads all you have to do is click on "Main Forum/Tax Discussion". That is the same as before. No problem there either.
                  4. As with anything new, it takes a little getting used to. But we will all get the hang of it. I don't think the type is any different size. I can read it all just fine. You want to talk about some small print, try printing out a copy of the Florida UC Fund report for the quarter!!! I can't see it WITH a magnifying glass. Sorry,back to the subject at hand.

I haven't done any searches yet. But I really appreciate that all the old threads and information is still available to us. We would be lost if we couldn't go back to old threads.

In all, thanks TTB for all your hard work to help us be able to ask questions and get help from our peers. I really LOVE this message board! I'm not going anywhere else.

Linda, EA

Comment

no reference to

i see no reference to the last time online, i miss that next to my sign in

Comment

I changed to linear mode, since that is how other forums I'm in that have this format are set up. The 'tree' never really helped me except to see if any new posts might be shoved in between older posts; something I found difficult to navigate.

I'm glad you toned down the red a bit.

Comment

I would like to see the "Main Forum/Tax Discussion" option repeated at the bottom next to Respond to post so I don't have to scroll all the way up to the top of the page to get back to "Main Forum/Tax Discussion". Mahalo
                        Believe nothing you have not personally researched and verified.

Comment

Working...
                        X