• Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Board

Whatever happen to simplicity.
    Maybe it is still new to me but this board is definitely heading south
    How about the colors. I know you guys can come up with better colors
    Man, do I miss the old board
    Everybody should pay his income tax with a smile. I tried it, but they wanted cash

What's the Difference

Really, functionally there appears to be no difference, except I can't navigate back to the message board once
    I get into the thread.

Colors change, that's about it...

Comment

Originally posted by Brian EA View Post
      Whatever happen to simplicity.
      Maybe it is still new to me but this board is definitely heading south
      How about the colors. I know you guys can come up with better colors
      Man, do I miss the old board
      That red sure does hurt my eyes, plus the type font is smaller than previous edition.

Please change something!
      ChEAr$,
      Harlan Lunsford, EA n LA

Comment

On my computer, the type font is larger!. But I don't know what happened to all of the older posts....

And what are the default numbers of posts to show, etc.?

Comment

Font is okay, not liking all of the "Red" - Red can impart different messages depending on the Reader - I know it is to "draw attention" - however on this Board - maybe too much attention - then "Red" seems to be hard on the Eyes/or to read - Red also can impart aggression or confrontation - having an "impact" on people

Based on past history I also know that the TB colors are Red-Black and White - but I am thinking this is just way too much Red on the Message Board

I can't refresh and see New Posts without going to "Home" and "Message Board" - I think I am reset to Hybrid Mode for threads. Not quite sure yet.

Sandy
          Last edited by S T; 07-29-2012, 09:59 PM. Reason: Additional info

Comment

Initial reaction negative

The orange red hurts my eyes and the type really needs to be larger. Between the two I get a headache and I am likely to use another board or boards more than this one. Of course that won't bother everyone here ha ha.

Comment

Looks fine

The font looks the same to me. However, when I type into the "title" area the font is very small. My message, however, is fine and resembles the font from before changes were made. I can't believe someone would change to another boad due to the minor changes. The info I get is so good that it would take a lot to change to another board.

Comment

Returning to forum

Originally posted by Corduroy Frog View Post
                Really, functionally there appears to be no difference, except I can't navigate back to the message board once
                I get into the thread.

Colors change, that's about it...
                Try the "Forum" button (beside "What's New?") at the top.

FE

Comment

Feedback

Thank you for all of your feedback, we appreciate your patience while we go through the changes to the forum related to the migration activities that we needed to go through this week due to changes at the host company for our website.

We have been reviewing the posts and will to do our best to make the board as functional and usable as we can for you in the future. We will be changing the color scheme a bit tonight based on some of the feedback in this chain.

Over the next few weeks will be reviewing and tweaking to hopefully make your experience on the board as positive as we can.

Comment

Even though the icons suggest read threads and unread threads, all the threads are listed as unread. Yes, even after I've read them again and exited and signed in again and even used the Mark Forum as Read button.

And, when in a thread, there's not indication of which response(s) are new or unread.

Comment

I regret not having saved the style sheet before the change, to do a better job of providing feedback. The font now seems fine to me, and changing the internal separator bars to black from red is a big improvement.

The one thing I miss is having a somewhat narrower column. In the old days of the web, before tabbed browsing, it made sense to go full width and allow the user to resize the window to suit personal preferences. But with tabbed browsing, one doesn't want to resize the entire window just to suit the needs of one tab. And while there are some people who prefer full-width, for the most part somewhat narrower widths for the main text are better (for the same reason that newspapers use columns instead of spreading article text across the width of the paper). My typical web design sets the main column to 70-80% (though to be honest, I've never designed for the mobile web).

Comment

So far the new layout seems fine to me.
                        As with all change, some things will suit one person better than another.

The display on my iPhone is very good as well - for me the bold colors make it a little easier to navigate on the mobile device.

Incidentally, if you start using an iPad, iPhone, or similar device, all the issues about font size go away since you can change the display size with a swipe of your fingers. Plus, with most PC's you are allowed to click on a drop-down on the lower right-hand of the screes to change the display size anyhow.
                        Last edited by JohnH; 07-30-2012, 10:47 AM.
                        "The only function of economic forecasting is to make astrology look respectful" - John Kenneth Galbraith

Comment

The

new look seems ok to me.

Comment

Much improved

this Monday morning. Thanks, admin.
                            ChEAr$,
                            Harlan Lunsford, EA n LA

Comment

New look

I like the new look today very much and the slight improvement made all the difference. Very nice.

Comment

Working...
                              X