Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Checks?

Originally posted by RitaB View Post
    Yep, evidentually, some of these whipper snappers ain't all that smart. Yesterday, a college freshman came BACK in to get directions as to how to make out the check to IRS to include with his 1040-V. The cover letter explaining that was right there.

I just filled out the check for him cause it was quicker than spelling "United States Treasury" and waiting for him to locate an actual ink pen. Plus I'm sure he would have said, "But I thought I had to pay IRS."

Hope the little fella signed the check and put a dang stamp on the envelope. He may still be trying to fit it into the disk drive on his laptop.
    What are those ? My son who is 21 has never had a check. The bank did not issue any when he opened his account.

Now he needs checks to pay his rent. Had to help him order them from the bank. Online of course.

Comment

Originally posted by veritas View Post
      What are those ? My son who is 21 has never had a check. The bank did not issue any when he opened his account.

Now he needs checks to pay his rent. Had to help him order them from the bank. Online of course.
      Why not just have him schedule automatic payments from his account? My credit union will even mail them, at no cost, if they don't have ACH info to do a direct deposit.

Comment

Will the IRS send a handwriting expert?

If someone unauthorized signs for their husband, wife, child or neighbor, will the IRS send a handwriting expert to catch the forgery?

Comment

Thank you Gary.

I agree. That third link is likely the closest one to what we need.

It is interest to note that the rules for divorced/separated spouses expires so differently in the states. It certainly doesn' tmake our lives easier.
          Doug

Comment

Working...
          X