Enrolled Agent CPE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tax Book CPE

Geek - the Tax Book also has a 2-hr CPE Ethics booklet they will send you, with a web-based exam. I passed mine somehow, but I believe if you fail you can keep taking it until you pass. Not expensive, something like $31.

Comment

Setting the Record Straight

When I used the word "Thespian" I had in mind that the word can mean "actor" and I thought it could also mean "actress" although that meaning is not in the 50+ year old unabridged dictionary I consulted as I was writing this post.. I was responding to a post that Sam M is the ACTING head of the NAEA.

The word can also refer to the Greek Poet Thespis who is supposed to have originated the idea of having actors. It can also mean simply "theatrical". To my mind none of these meanings are unsuitable for polite company of whatever age. To anyone who may have been offended by the reference, I apologize. Anyone likely to read this board knows another word which rhymes with the word I used, but I assure everyone that I had in mind no such innuendo.

Comment

Ah, c'mon erchess -- don't go PC on me.

Originally posted by erchess View Post
        ...the word "Thespian"...mean(s) simply "theatrical"...
        Yeah, we know that. I was assuming a certain level of cultural literacy exists here and my crack was a joke.

...To anyone who may have been offended by the reference, I apologize. Anyone likely to read this board knows another word which rhymes with the word I used, but I assure everyone that I had in mind no such innuendo.
        We also know you're a nice guy -- I swear I won't turn you in to any gay rights group.

Comment

Sorry to hear that, but

Originally posted by Snaggletooth View Post
          Bart, while you're on the subject, please be advised that
          Harlan is a confirmed homo sapiens!!
          it could be worse. Shoot, my brother-in-law's got a protruding jaw and forehead and he kinda looks like a homo erectus.

Comment

Ya Got Me

Ok BB Ya got me lol.

I recently got a friend who told a group of us that he was planning to pick up his new car the next day. I told him that I hoped he had been lifting weights.

So anyway I got a taste of my own medicine.

Comment

George Smathers v Claude Pepper 1950 Senate election

A reporter made up a hoax that Smathers gave a speech to a rural audience using fancy words to create the implication that Pepper was sinister. Smathers reportedly had said, "Are you aware that Claude Pepper is known all over Washington as a shameless extrovert? Not only that, but this man is reliably reported to practice nepotism with his sister-in-law, and he has a sister who was once a thespian in wicked New York. Worst of all, it is an established fact that Mr. Pepper before his marriage habitually practiced celibacy,"

Comment

Hey there, EA in VT

Originally posted by VT-EA View Post
                A reporter made up a hoax that Smathers gave a speech to a rural audience using fancy words to create the implication that Pepper was sinister. Smathers reportedly had said, "Are you aware that Claude Pepper is known all over Washington as a shameless extrovert? Not only that, but this man is reliably reported to practice nepotism with his sister-in-law, and he has a sister who was once a thespian in wicked New York. Worst of all, it is an established fact that Mr. Pepper before his marriage habitually practiced celibacy,"
                Haven't seen you around before, but it's nice to have you in -- we always need new blood, so join the fray. That's a pretty funny story and I'm not so sure it wouldn't fly around here even today. Speakin' of celibacy, I know a couple of guys who claim their wives still practice it.

Comment

Working...
                X