Office Remodling expense

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Month to month lease still a lease..

and leasehold improvements are still leasehold improvements even if doing them without a long term lease is stupid.

Even a oral lease is valid. The fact money was paid to the property owner and the owner cashed the check and allowed occupancy is objective evidence of the lease. I sure you would deduct the rent paid and include it in rental income even without a written lease. Why then, aren't the expenses to upgrade the facility leasehold improvements? They relate to a leasehold interest, however short and tenuous.

Stupidity is not a bar to deductibility.

Sorry, rant over..

PS: if stupidity were a bar, I'd be in trouble.
    Last edited by outwest; 07-24-2008, 10:06 AM. Reason: add PS

Comment

Did't you see my "grin"?

of course the expenditures are deductible; just a matter of timing.
      ChEAr$,
      Harlan Lunsford, EA n LA

Comment

Saw the grin...

This was more in response to postings further up the thread. I haven't figured out how to reply to anything but the last in a thread... any hints on that?

Comment

replies

Originally posted by outwest View Post
          This was more in response to postings further up the thread. I haven't figured out how to reply to anything but the last in a thread... any hints on that?
          Notice there are two buttons for replies. Lower right for "quote" the text to which you are
          replying, like this reply. Other button is lower right, a simple reply not specifically to
          any message.
          ChEAr$,
          Harlan Lunsford, EA n LA

Comment

Okay..

Originally posted by ChEAr$ View Post
            Notice there are two buttons for replies. Lower right for "quote" the text to which you are
            replying, like this reply. Other button is lower right, a simple reply not specifically to
            any message.
            That helps...

Comment

Working...
            X