Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody Else Having Trouble Faxing POA Form to Ogden, UT Service Center Today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Say Dennis,

Originally posted by DTS View Post
    ...I have a good friend and client that I'm always teasing to get a second line for her fax machine, as it's touch and go trying to get something into her business unless I tell her "I'm pushing the send button right now"...

Dennis
    Something else I don't know and since you've brought it up...Can you do this (punch the "send" button) while they're on the line without having to hang up, redial, and then send it? If so, do they have to manually punch the "receive" button when you are doing that?

Thanks for any input (and you're not even an IRS agent).

Comment

Originally posted by Black Bart View Post
      Something else I don't know and since you've brought it up...Can you do this (punch the "send" button) while they're on the line without having to hang up, redial, and then send it? If so, do they have to manually punch the "receive" button when you are doing that?
      Bart,

Sorry, but I don't know if I understand what you mean, but I'll take a stab at it. When I call my friend to let her know payroll or whatever is coming over, she and I have to hang up our phones (remember, I have a very expensive, state-of-the-art dedicated fax line!) and then she waits for my fax "call" to come in. She'll then press a button on her end (I believe she told me this). I can hear her telling people not to hang up, as it's my fax coming in.
      Thanks for any input (and you're not even an IRS agent).
      Oh yeah, how do you know? There are many disguises on this board!

Your friend
      Badge ID# 478012322
      Last edited by DTS; 06-04-2008, 07:56 PM.

Comment

Dear Dennis (aka agent Maxwell Smart)

What I was trying to figure out is if whether or not I could send a fax to the client while I still had them on the line -- without both of us hanging up and then sending the fax on a second call. I don't have a dedicated fax line -- it's on the same line as my regular phone.

I thought maybe once we're through talking, I could maybe punch FAX START and they could punch RECEIVE and I wouldn't have to make a second call.

Comment

Fax

Bart,

Honestly, I don't know if you can do this or not. Before I got a second line, I always hung up and then switched the line into the fax machine to send or receive and then switched back to the phone afterward.

Maybe, someone can shed more light on this for you.

Dennis

PS: Hope you know I'm being a smart alleck with the crack about the second line!

D

Comment

Thanks Dennis,

Yeah, I'm still doing it through two phone calls. Funny, but I've never run across anybody that's actually tried to do it on the first call -- think I'll arrange to call a friend and we'll see if it works. Thanks anyway, I appreciated your thoughts about it.

Comment

BB - If I remember correctly, and sometimes I don't, the IRS has dedicated fax lines. So the line you are talking to them on - at their end - is not the same line that the fax is received on.

Like you, I have one line and one cell phone. When I am going to need to send the fax, I call on the cell phone, which leaves the land line for sending the fax.

LT
              Only in government or politics is a "cut in spending" really an increase. It's just not as much of an increase as they wanted it to be, therefore a "cut".

Comment

Yeah,

Originally posted by thomtax View Post
                ...I have one line and one cell phone. When I am going to need to send the fax, I call on the cell phone, which leaves the land line for sending the fax.

LT
                I do the same thing, and I wouldn't want to try the one call method with IRS, but was just curious as to whether or not it would work. I sometimes call clients like that and it would save some time and trouble.

Comment

trouble faxing poa

you need a separate line to fax if you are on the phone. If not dial the number you are faxing to, wait to hear the fax signal and hit send.
                  The best way to talk with the IRS is send the fax to ogden, wait three or four days then call the IRS. Tell them there is a POA on file answer their questions so they can find it and you will then be able to discuss your client with them. taxea
                  Believe nothing you have not personally researched and verified.

Comment

Funny, but I've never run across anybody that's actually tried to do it on the first call
                    I've done it. While IRS guy waits I fax the POA. Works every time. Of course, as others have said, you need a dedicated fax line to do it.

Comment

Yeah,

Originally posted by Bees Knees View Post
                      I've done it. While IRS guy waits I fax the POA. Works every time. Of course, as others have said, you need a dedicated fax line to do it.
                      I figured you could do it with a dedicated fax line, but what I'm talking about is whether or not you can do it if you DON'T have a dedicated fax line. The phone I'm talking on is part of my fax machine and it looks like you should be able to switch from conversation to fax if you want to.

Comment

That's what we've been doing, but

Originally posted by taxea View Post

...The best way to talk with the IRS is send the fax to ogden, wait three or four days then call the IRS. Tell them there is a POA on file answer their questions so they can find it and you will then be able to discuss your client with them. taxea
                        the problem is, as others have mentioned in this thread, that sometimes the POA apparently does not get posted and the rep is unable to pull it up on the screen and verify your authorization.

Comment

Phone/fax machine

Bart,

My mother had this combo you have, so I just gave her a call to see if she could do what you are wanting to do. Unfortunately, she always had problems with this machine and she could not remember if she ever did this or not. My feeling is that she did not, which is not to say it can't be done.

If you want to do a test of this, leave a contact number in my PM and we can make arrangements so you and I can test this for you. I can take some time to lend a hand, so no imposition to me.

Dennis

Comment

I do the same thing, and I wouldn't want to try the one call method with IRS, but was just curious as to whether or not it would work. I sometimes call clients like that and it would save some time and trouble.
                            To answer another question that you had previously asked, if two of you are talking and both of you have a fax machine on the same line you are talking on, you can send the fax without having to dial again. I have done this, but the problem is that most fax machines hang up when they are through. And I don't think you can keep your handset up on another phone because it will generate a noise that can prevent the fax from going through correctly.

LT
                            Only in government or politics is a "cut in spending" really an increase. It's just not as much of an increase as they wanted it to be, therefore a "cut".

Comment

Working...
                            X