• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okay

Okay, I'll move the boxes out, too.

Comment

I tell you what

Lion what you and I should do is co-op this.

We can share the airline ticket to the East Coast, and Dennis can spend part of time in NC and part in CT.

All we have to do is work out the hourly rate!

Sandy

Comment

I think

Sandy's place is sounding better and better to me. Not as much wildlife! And, the gourmet dinner thingie...

Dennis

Comment

Hubby's a good cook...

and a good shopper. I have cleaning ladies that come every two weeks. And, remember the wildlife is all outdoors. I used to have a surf board in my basement, but my son finally picked it up.

Comment

Ladies...

please, I feel like I'm up for auction at a girl's-night-out club! Way too tired and confused to make a decision tonight. I'll sleep on it and get back to you.

Dennis

Comment

House in NC

I dated a guy in Charlotte for much of my time between husbands. Drove through most of the state, house hunted, etc. And, let me tell you, you can get a MUCH better house in NC than in CT for the same amount of money! So, I imagine that Sandy can offer you more luxurious accommodations in her new NC home than I can in my CT home I purchased in 1978. (I had a better house in Santa Barbara before moving to CT, and it cost a lot less money, too.)

But, it's cooler up here, and I have central air conditioning. So, if you want to visit in July or August, I'll probably still have returns on extensions and a few fiscal year returns and need a good employee. I'd go to NC in the winter, though.

Comment

Originally posted by taxtime View Post
                Except for a couple of extensions. Going to Florida for the next week. A big thank you to everybody who shares their expertise on the board. As for me (and I am sure others would agree), it is greatly appreciated.
                Appreciate you being on the board and helping out you deserve a vacation (but BEFORE April 15th!)

Think of all of us when you get there and don't let an alligator bite you.
                SueBaby

Comment

Hey Gals & Dennis!!!

I've got a bid for ya too Dennis.

$7.25/hr PLUS Spam sandwiches, PLUS beer (reel usa beer), a rocking sofa with built in jiggler thingy, PLUS all the dishes you want to do, PLUS a handy golf course PLUS, well, what else can I say. (grass to mow?)

Whatchathink?

Comment

$8

I'd go to $8 plus the Spam and beer. I'm around the corner from a golf course. I have a new Bosch built-in dishwasher and a lawn service that mows and already did our spring clean-up and have a couple of rocking chairs. But, I definitely do NOT have a jiggler thingy. I knew I should've had you make a decision last night; now there are more bidders. Your wife does taxes too, right? How about $10 for you both, and I'll buy more Spam.

Comment

Lion,

you crack me up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

Comment

Lion

What I think is that Larry made feel sooo cheap with his offer of the vibrating couch!

Yes, my wife does do taxes, but she's much higher maintenance=more $$$

Comment

Huge House Fire Across the Street

I can offer lots of excitement tonight. Huge fire across the street. We have a great volunteer fire department and EMS, by the way. And every piece of equipment is outside my house. I was out on the street in my robe and fuzzy slippers watching for awhile. If you have a builder relative, bring them out for some work, too! Lots of sirens and flashing lights and high flames and black smoke and pops and sparks and cute firemen & women in uniforms. Haven't done any work for the last two hours. Have a client coming to pick up Sunday after church, so guess I better get back to work. Met my new neighbor Gus out watching the fire. No, it's not his house that's burning. An ambulance is here too, but think it's just in case. As far as we heard, all people got out. They've been putting on additions as long as they've owned the house, so have a builder they like. Hope their insurance is good. Mine used to be "replacement value," but they dropped that coverage so now it's a definite dollar amount. I really should check with a contractor and make sure it's high enough.

Comment

Originally posted by DTS View Post
                            I don't do boxes!

May I borrow this for a new sign in my office?
                            JG

Comment

Wow

I really started something with that one. LOL. I told all my clients (actually the ones that always bring me the stuff last minute) I was going on vacation that week. All but 4 brought me their stuff. I told them I would file extensions and do them when I got back. Maybe I will do that every year.

Comment

Working...
                              X