Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I "like" you, too

Originally posted by Maribeth View Post
    Ah, RitaB, I sometimes wish this Forum were more like FaceBook so that I could "like" your comments. And only one person scares me more than Jainen -- and that is Bob Kammen - remember him??

Maribeth
    Haha, yeah, Maribeth, Bob is on the "new" official ATX board, which is why I only visit a couple times a year. Sorta like Christmas and Easter and some church folks.

I wish we had a "like" button, too. Sometimes I post just to high-five somebody, and I figure people who are all business would like to strangle me for it.
    Last edited by RitaB; 08-03-2012, 06:58 PM.
    If you loan someone $20 and never see them again, it was probably worth it.

Comment

One of the most obnoxious people from the old, original ATX board was Richard Noot. He constantly criticized ATX on their own board until he was kicked off. He was also kicked off the Drake board and other sites.

Someone posted that Richard had finally retired.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnH View Post
        Both jainen and Old Jack are active over on the Unofficial ATX forum. They both like to stir the pot every now & thenk but for some reason things are generally taken less personally over there (with a couple of notable exceptions). I've never fully understood the animosity they sometimes seem to generate, but maybe that's just because my tendency is to step back when it begins to get personal. A thick skin helps keep the blood pressure down. I look for both of their responses when an important issue arises, and I usually agree with what they say or else I learn something from their posts. Sometimes I'm not sure why that forum is so calm, especially since the users support it and we more or less self-moderate. In any event, that forum is my second-best favorite (after this one, of course).
        Jainen and Old Jack are also on the QF board a lot. I now understand why Jainen is so anti TTB and very much pro QF.

Comment

Originally posted by Gary2 View Post
          I gather these characters were before my time, and I'm not at all sure who's responsible for this thread's title. But I have a hard time not laughing at the juxtaposition of "inexcrupulous" and "logic."
          Thank your lucky stars you missed Jainen. I left the QF board because I was so tired of his excessive arguing. Sometimes he would posit a theory or tax treatment that he knew was absolutely wrong, just to get a rise out of posters. And it seemed to be his personal forum. There was never a post he wouldn't reply to, and if my recollection serves me correctly, he was an ex-IRS auditor? Then I found out he was retired and had nothing else to do. Oldjack, however, I had no problem with. We had a very lengthy thread one time over Historic Tax Credits and I was impressed.
          Last edited by Burke; 08-06-2012, 02:36 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X