No announcement yet.

Huuuugh mistake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The boxes you checked are for printing only when needed. I have mine setup the exact same way and do not have a problem.

If the Itemizing is more than the standard, mine efiles the return with the schedule A and the schedule A shows up on the print screen.

You have gotten wrong information from someone in support.

Comment

Originally posted by quicksam View Post
      The boxes you checked are for printing only when needed. I have mine setup the exact same way and do not have a problem.

If the Itemizing is more than the standard, mine efiles the return with the schedule A and the schedule A shows up on the print screen.

You have gotten wrong information from someone in support.
      You are right she said ck it and of course after a ton of transmits he said NO. People are going to be so mad at me. I guess it is a good time to retire. After 10 years maybe so.
      SueBaby

Comment

After reading all these posts, I'm just glad I don't have to check or uncheck anything for my forms to print. My software just prints everything I need automatically and I always go through the forms with the customer as a way of double checking that I've done everything correctly before giving them to the customer. Always look on the bright side of things. At least you found the mistake now instead of April. This way you only have about one month's worth of returns to correct. I also efile about 99% of my returns so don't have many customers who mail in their returns.

Comment

I use Drake as well

Originally posted by SueBaby View Post
          It is under set up and then options and I ck the box beside sch A and sch B, which Drake said NO ck marks on it for them to print. Why-- don't know never had before but never had hundreds of people either. So everyone with Drake never do that!! Thanks
          That's a print screen option to only print when required. When the efile transmits it sends all the data. I really don't think you have a problem. Just becasue the form isn't printed doesn't mean the data wasn't sent.

Relax, have a cold beer, get some sleep. Works for me.
          In other words, a democratic government is the only one in which those who vote for a tax can escape the obligation to pay it.
          Alexis de Tocqueville

Comment

I use Drake also

and can't figure out what the H**l you are talking about. As long as the entries were made on the A and B screen that info will transmit to the IRS if there is data for the form, whether you printed the page or not. On a mail in return the data still would have carried to the 1040, you would just need to send in the A or B or both.

I get the idea that you have suddenly gone from doing a very small number of returns (50 or less) to a very large number (200+) in a short amount of time (1 year). This is a GOOD problem to have. Just slow down, revisit this on Monday and work through it.

Good luck!

Comment

I have just checked my options screen on Drake and the check marks that you refer to are, I believe, for the printing. If you don't check the boxes, Sch A & B will print for every form that you prepare with interest or dividend income on them. If you check the boxes, the forms will print only for those returns for which they are used or required. Your E-files should be OK as I think that these check boxes only refer to printing, not the electronic record.

Comment

Originally posted by TaxmannEA View Post
                I have just checked my options screen on Drake and the check marks that you refer to are, I believe, for the printing. If you don't check the boxes, Sch A & B will print for every form that you prepare with interest or dividend income on them. If you check the boxes, the forms will print only for those returns for which they are used or required. Your E-files should be OK as I think that these check boxes only refer to printing, not the electronic record.
                Thank you all for miracles. I thought I would have to move out of state because of that problem. No I can sleep much better.
                SueBaby

Comment

There is no such thing as your software making you decide or allowing you which forms to e-file. That is something IRS requires the software to do automatically. You don't have a choice, if the form is relevant to the return and numbers are entered on it, it goes to IRS.

That is true for all e-file authorized software.

Comment

Look at the 1040

To put your mind at ease look at line 40 on the 1040, if there is an amount there greater than the standard deduction the IRS got the the info. If the info is on the 1040 you may have to call all the people you and tell them you have to add a few more forms to there folder. If your clients are like so many others, a week after you give them their copy they can't find it anyway. I just hate it when I make a mistake too, I hope this will help put you at ease.

Comment

Originally posted by Bees Knees View Post
                      There is no such thing as your software making you decide or allowing you which forms to e-file. That is something IRS requires the software to do automatically. You don't have a choice, if the form is relevant to the return and numbers are entered on it, it goes to IRS.

okay But I talked to Drake and they said if it wasn't printed out and on the view sheet it did not back up the 1040 that I had to amend all. and add the Sch A and B to it.
                      Hope that is not true. I am sooo depressed over it until I can not focus on what I am doing. If these people get a letter most don't know and might just have a heart attack, since they don't know what is going on. I have got to call the IRS but I am afraid that it is my software not them. I will call the higher up mangement at Drake Monday and see what I can do other than amend over a hundred returns!! Which is such a nightmare now.
                      Wish me luck.
                      SueBaby

Comment

Originally posted by LawrenceGR View Post
                        To put your mind at ease look at line 40 on the 1040, if there is an amount there greater than the standard deduction the IRS got the the info. If the info is on the 1040 you may have to call all the people you and tell them you have to add a few more forms to there folder. If your clients are like so many others, a week after you give them their copy they can't find it anyway. I just hate it when I make a mistake too, I hope this will help put you at ease.
                        Lawrence GR: I have looked on that line and it does have the sch A on it but what I am worried about is the A did not go with it. Nor B. I have never been this so rattled in different people telling me different things about this hugh mistake. til I don't know what the right thing is to do about it at the moment. IF I had to amend when can I send that to the IRS? I will let all know if so or not and if I stay in business!!!! Thank All for support on this matter that upset me horrible.
                        SueBaby

Comment

Originally posted by Bees Knees View Post

Suebaby> You have to slow down... I think what Bees has said (above) is most correct and you are stressing over nothing.

There comes a time in all of our practices when we can fold up or continue on. Folding up will mark you for life (inside)> continuing on will make you a better person. Don't let your going forward effect your next client. All precieved problems will heal in time. And in your case you will find that the problems are ONLY PRECEIVED. As of today, you don't know if you have a problem or not.

Be strong and deal with you next client's issues without bringing in the past otherwise you will have REAL PROBLEMS with ALL of your clients, not just the past completed returns.

Again, I don't believe you need to amend any tax returns. It just doesn't make sense that you would have control over an efile format.
                          Last edited by BOB W; 02-17-2008, 12:12 PM.
                          This post is for discussion purposes only and should be verified with other sources before actual use.

Many times I post additional info on the post, Click on "message board" for updated content.

Comment

Originally posted by BOB W View Post
                            Suebaby> You have to slow down... I think what Bees has said (above) is most correct and you are stressing over nothing.

There comes a time in all of our practices when we can fold up or continue on. Folding up will mark you for life (inside)> continuing on will make you a better person. Don't let your going forward effect your next client. All precieved problems will heal in time. And in your case you will find that the problems are ONLY PRECEIVED. As of today, you don't know if you have a problem or not.

Be strong and deal with you next client's issues without bringing in the past otherwise you will have REAL PROBLEMS with ALL of your clients, not just the past completed returns.

Again, I don't believe you need to amend any tax returns. It just doesn't make sense that you would have control over an efile format.
                            Thank you for those KIND words that I really need this year. I have worked 7 days a week now and so overloaded with people until I do feel like giving up. The preparer in this town and another one near died and one retired and I am getting all of theirs plus mine and plus new people. If I rest or sleep I feel like I get behind.
                            Today is Sunday and I have 6 people and I can't even go to church. It is very unreal this year. But really thank you for ALL of your support and the board I can not do without. I can release my pressure here and you will understand because we are in this stress together---some more than others. THANKS AGAIN YOU ALL
                            SueBaby

Comment

This level of volumn is new to you and you need to make interview proceedure changes. For a new client doing a standard 1040 2 w-2s some int and div and a home should only take 1/2 hour. Keep conversation short, although you can mention the overload caused by the other preparers.

Repeat clients interview should last 15 minutes, no more, for the type return mentioned above. This 1/2 hour should let you complete the return and print it out.
                              This post is for discussion purposes only and should be verified with other sources before actual use.

Many times I post additional info on the post, Click on "message board" for updated content.

Comment

Originally posted by SueBaby View Post
                                okay But I talked to Drake and they said if it wasn't printed out and on the view sheet it did not back up the 1040 that I had to amend all. and add the Sch A and B to it.

The guy from Drake is an idiot. If you entered numbers on the Schedule A and those numbers transferred to line 40 of the 1040, the Schedule A was transmitted during the e-file process, regardless of whether or not you decided to print out the Schedule A. Drake software would have never been approved by IRS if it didn't transmit the Schedule A.

Comment

Working...
                                X