Suggest for The TaxBook for next year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by erchess View Post
    I have to admit that I have not so far bothered to print an update page. I have been put off by posts mentioning that people trim the pages to fit. I don't have anything but scissors to cut the paper with and I could not cut straight if my life depended on it.
    Maybe it was a mistake to suggest that you should print each update page as a replacement page. When I updated my print version, I only printed one of the pages, took a scissors and cutout the updated portion, then taped it over the affected area. The rest I just looked for the red edits on my computer screen and copied them by hand using a red pen. There is no reason to print a replacement page when all you are doing is crossing out 2007 on a page and writing in 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by Bees Knees View Post
      ...Other than offering a 3 ring binder where pages can be replaced, I would like to ask you what you think TTB could have done to improve the update system?
      I put forth the idea of having all the updates in date order rather than page number order. Then I could look at a glance and see where the new ones start and write those in my book. I also write everything in the book and just print out the "What's new" pages. All except the one that seemed hokie. HA (stands for Hilarious Again).
      JG

Comment

????

JG, not to infer lack of imagination here, but if you want them in date order, isn't this something you can do yourself? Am I missing something? Are you stuck with a sequence just because they have page #s??

It's like the scene from "Blazing Saddles" where they put up the toll booth and the indigents were complaining about having to pay the toll.

Not to engender offense here - you're one of our best and most helpful people...

Snag

Comment

You have no idea how easily I am confused. I need things outlined so plainly that anyone can see it. Please don't point out how incredibly stupid this idea may seem. (I fully realize - but this attitude keeps me out of mistakes when my natural tendency is to make way too many.)
          I am just saying that in a hurry it's easier to look at the bottom of the page and not pick out which page I've already fixed and which I haven't.
          JG

Comment

Class

Apologize JG - classless remark perhaps.

I'm not immune to attacks like this myself. Once I totally lost all power in my car with the doors locked, and of course the electronic locks would not unlock. I was at a convenience store and after 15 minutes of banging on the window for help, one guy came to the window and asked, "Why don't you use the slide switch?"

I've had similar attacks of brilliance, but none quite as prodigious as this. If my clients knew this, they would all find someone else.

Comment

Working...
            X