No announcement yet.

Full system backup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had debated a second computer just for that purpose but since computers are outdated so fast I never bought one. For someone who uses a network it wouldn't work. I recently purchased a laptop to make sure I will have something easily movable with Windows XP on it. Very soon computers can be replace with Vista only.

By the way, I had a total computer crash yesterday while an expert did some testing with spy software. Since it is pretty certain that some spyware cause my computer problem none of my backups (besides data) can be used. The same bug is on my mirrored drive and on my external drive.

Dany, I admire you how you take your EA exam AND have all your computer work AND - on the side- run your business.

Comment

Darn! I'm gonna have to make sure I read the TMI board before my purchases. Last year, I purchased a ScanSnap S500 to start a paperless office. It isn't Twain-compatible. My software, Drake, uses Twain. I also bought a Maxtor External Drive (without one touch) and Norton Ghost SW.

I replaced the ScanSnap with another Fujitsui that is Twain, and just ordered a Maxtor One Touch after spending several hours trying to get Norton Ghost to load. It just seemed like built-in software would be much, much, easier for backup.

So, I'm stuck with a ScanSnap S500, Maxtor External hard drive, and Norton Ghost. I guess I'm going to have to start selling these on ebay to cut my losses.

Comment

Working...
      X