Does THE TAX BOOK have 990 Tax Exempts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by John of PA View Post
    Jumping to WebCD and going through a dozen screens, for me, is too time consuming and cumbersome. If were not, then I would be using WebCD for all research;

I understand why you prefer TTB printed version. Have you tried the new WebCD Upgrade Edition?

If you have the WebCD Upgrade Edition, from the home page click on Tab 22, Financial Planning; Soc. Sec.; Exempt Orgs. That takes you to page 22-1 which has a link under the Table of contents to page 22-7, Tax-Exempt Organizations. From page 22-7, one more click on the header for Tax Exempt Organizations takes you to page 1 of IRS Pub 557, Tax-Exempt Status for Your Organization.

3 clicks, not a dozen, gets you to more information than any commercial publication could ever provide. In most cases, you will find a link to the specific IRS Pub you need in just 2 or 3 clicks from the WebCD home page. The WebCD turns TheTaxBook into a portal to in depth IRS information on every subject mentioned in TTB.

In most cases, I can get to just about any IRS Publication mentioned in TTB in less than 5 seconds from the home page on the WebCD. Honestly, I hardly ever open the printed version of TTB anymore, as the WebCD gets me there faster.

Comment

So There Is A Tab For 990

I did not realize that tab 22 includes Exempt Org. thank you BN. OK maby I'll give the CD Version a try. Are you saying the tabs and layout of the CD version correspond with the printed book? (if so, thats nice).

Comment

I did not realize that tab 22 includes Exempt Org. thank you BN. OK maby I'll give the CD Version a try. Are you saying the tabs and layout of the CD version correspond with the printed book? (if so, thats nice).
        Not an entire tab. But there are a few pages in Tab 22 on Exempt Orgs, with links to more information found in the IRS Pubs.

The WebCD gives you PDF files of the actual print version of the book. If you haven't seen it, I suggest you download the demo version, which is free for anyone who wants to try it out. The demo version only has a few tabs included, but it gives you an idea of how the linking process works and the layout of the WebCD. Plus it has a video of one of the authors demonstrating its function.

Check it out at http://www.thetaxbook.com/updates/we..._demo_page.htm

Comment

Web CD

I am relying more and more on the Web CD than I am the actual book. Obviously not as proficient at using it as the founders and editors of this board, but it is an awesome tool!

John of PA, you really need to give it a try, I am sure you will like it.

Sandy

Comment

Originally posted by Bees Knees View Post
            Plus it has a video of one of the authors demonstrating its function.

Check it out at http://www.thetaxbook.com/updates/we..._demo_page.htm
            The video does get better at the end when the star appears.

Comment

OK guys

OK guys (& S.T.), I'll check it out.

Comment

Eo

I too would like a bit more info on 990s and the questions our tax exempt clients ask us. I have only two at the moment, but they're not 990EZs. And, once you're known for working with EOs, more start calling you! I've never had a call for a 5500, though, and try not to do payroll taxes.

So, any special deals on adding a CD to my earlier order for the Deluxe book (and mileage logs)???

Comment

Originally posted by Lion View Post
                  So, any special deals on adding a CD to my earlier order for the Deluxe book (and mileage logs)???

Value Package #1 gets you the Deluxe Edition Book, All States Edition Book, WebCD, and Deluxe Edition CPE for $232 thru Sept 14, which is $59.50 less than ordering each product separately. If you already ordered some of those products, they will credit you for those products and give you the discount when you purchase the rest that is included in the value package.

Comment

mileage log

I plan on giving a mileage log to every client that reported business mileage last year. Not only will it help me to retain them as clients, but I think it will also motivate some to start actually keeping a mileage log.

Comment

Mileage Log

One head up BN, the clients will look for it every year as it will become a part of their everyday lives, so your locked into whatever vendor is supplying you the logs, price and all. If you stop doing it, it will taint your image with your clients.

Comment

One head up BN, the clients will look for it every year as it will become a part of their everyday lives, so your locked into whatever vendor is supplying you the logs, price and all. If you stop doing it, it will taint your image with your clients.

I don't anticipate having a problem with my vendor. I hear TTB folks are pretty decent.

Comment

Ttb

Ok BN, I did not realize the vendor is TTB.

Comment

Originally posted by Bees Knees View Post
                            I don't anticipate having a problem with my vendor. I hear TTB folks are pretty decent.
                            specially that Brad fellow he seems real nice, standup guy!

Comment

Originally posted by sea-tax View Post
                              specially that Brad fellow he seems real nice, standup guy!
                              I do admire his cat.

Comment

Working...
                              X