X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not John but here's the link: www.atxcommunity.com

Comment

Thanks Maribeth

I intended to come back and edit in the link as a part of my message when I first posted, but got distracted & forgot to do it. Thanks for backing me up, Maribeth.
      "The only function of economic forecasting is to make astrology look respectful" - John Kenneth Galbraith

Comment

thanks to all

For the link

Comment

Well

I just read the posts and am saddened that two of the three were banned.

Comment

No need to be saddened

Judging from their comments over on the other board, I don't think being banned bothers them very much.
            Last edited by JohnH; 06-29-2007, 09:03 PM.
            "The only function of economic forecasting is to make astrology look respectful" - John Kenneth Galbraith

Comment

Board........

..,.. I've been away from the board because I got tired of the same posters doing all the rambling, much of it useless. Like someone else said, it became hard to distinguish truth from fiction in their posts. I had complained several months ago about one of the posters ( he was later banned ) and my post was deleted by Roberts. I really didn't say anything bad, just that the poster had flipped out several months before that. He was making posts as if they were genuine facts when in fact "he was just kidding"??????? Some thought it was funny, others with less knowledge ( like me) did not.

Anyway, the "powers the be" did the right thing in my opinion.
              Last edited by BOB W; 06-29-2007, 09:51 PM.
              This post is for discussion purposes only and should be verified with other sources before actual use.

Many times I post additional info on the post, Click on "message board" for updated content.

Comment

Banned

LOL, well there are a lot of smart mouthed folks on here.....I know I have encountered a few....
                Shawn
                Atlanta, GA
                Shawn D. Miller
                Atlanta, GA

"If you stand on the shoulders of a giant...you will see further than a giant!"

Comment

I guess I missed

the questionable postings, but I to will miss the contributions of the above three. They were valued contributors.

Comment

I will miss two of the three. Although they were sometimes sarcastic, much of their actual arguing was done with each other. And they were very knowledgeable. I will not miss the third. His replies were very often off subject or condescending putting down others, to the point that I skipped them when reading replies.
                    Only in government or politics is a "cut in spending" really an increase. It's just not as much of an increase as they wanted it to be, therefore a "cut".

Comment

Messages from "the other side"

Originally posted by JON View Post
                      ...the questionable postings, but I to will miss the contributions of the above three. They were valued contributors.
                      As JohnH stated, being banned from this board apparently does not bother a couple of the posters in the least. They even make references to having been recently banned.

Head over to "the other board," enter "banned" in the search box, and see what (and who!) appears.

I will add that I'm relatively new to this board, and had noticed some "attitude" every now and then from at least one of the banned posters. Even when the underlying knowledge is perhaps present, sometimes it's not so much what one says but rather how one says it! I personally concur with the actions of the moderator(s).

FE

Comment

Just to Clarify

When I mentioned the fact that the banned posters were active on the other board, I wasn't making any statement in opposition to or in support of their particular style. I was just providing that info for anyone who still wished to avail themselves of the knowledge they provide, which I happen to agree is very reliable. As has been stated here already, the price of getting that benefit is sometimes a contentious or seemingly rude demeanor. No big deal, but I understand that it bothers some people.

Personally, I don't care how obnoxious one acts as long as their information is reliable. And if someone decides to fire at me in a reply, I don't have any trouble responding to them in the same fashion if I feel inclined to do so. I was involved in several heated exchanges on the old ATX board, and sometimes I enjoy the banter when the other person is also thick-skinned. But I realize that others can sometimes be more sensitive so I try not to be the one to provoke, especially if the poster's demeanor isn't already familiar to me. To each his own, but keep in mind it's easy enough to skip a post if you tend not to like a poster's style - that information is given before you open the post.

Having said all that, the real issue here is the expectations of the board host. It has been made clear that the sponsors of this forum expect a certain demeanor, They pay for it and they have a right to make the rules. We, the users, can either comply or go somewhere else. That's simple enough and easy to understand - I don't have a problem with that either.
                        Last edited by JohnH; 07-03-2007, 09:39 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Roberts View Post

It’s time to move on and get back to tax discussions.
                          There has been 19 post since Roberts post, I'm number 20--Don't you think its time to
                          heed Paul's words.

Comment

Ditto

Originally posted by Gene V View Post
                            There has been 19 post since Roberts post, I'm number 20--Don't you think its time to
                            heed Paul's words.
                            Agree.

No matter how some of these posters plead, the "banned" shall not return.

The TaxBook Editors control this board, as they should.

When people complain to me about their job, their boss, their pay, whatever, I always respond that when you sign the paycheck, you make the rules.
                            Jiggers, EA

Comment

Working...
                            X