Banned

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Banned

Please pardon this question from a junior member. What does it mean when a member is described as 'banned'? Thank you.

Banned?

I have not seen any of those, I am interested too.

Comment

It means they are no longer allowed to post on this message board.

Comment

Banned

Then why are they still posting?

Comment

The comments you're referring to were posted before access was restricted.

Comment

Banned

Thank you.

Comment

Can I ask what happened to cause these members to be banned (in general at least). Three I have seen banned are very respected, if sometimes opinionated, for their tax advice.

Comment

I am also curious as to the reasons for this banishment. Any insight as to the reason may prevent others from having a similar fate. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by joanmcq View Post
                  Can I ask what happened to cause these members to be banned (in general at least). Three I have seen banned are very respected, if sometimes opinionated, for their tax advice.
                  Now you make me curious. Where do you see who is banned?

Comment

Banned

At the top of a post, right beneath the poster's name ,you'll see 'senior member', 'junior member', or 'banned'.

Comment

The purpose of this Message Board is to provide a forum at no charge for professional tax preparers to discuss tax issues with others in the field. Our goal is to allow the free flow of information, while at the same time keeping the conversation focused on issues that will be helpful to a broad range of tax professionals. To accomplish this goal, some moderation is required from time to time.

If we believe a participant is uncooperative or is disrespectful of other participants, we reserve the right to restrict that person’s access to the Message Board. Before we take that step we will generally issue a request for cooperation, then a warning. If, in our judgment, the individual fails to cooperate with our guidance on how the Message Board is to be used, we will restrict that individual’s access.

We ask all participants to post questions and answers, and to argue tax law, in a considerate and respectful manner.

Comment

I was curious because one member appeared to have been banned due to postings in the travel agent thread where he expressed the opinion that the poster's client and prosepective clients could be in a pyramid scam, which is also my opinion also. Due to my research of this particular segment (travel websites), I found his remarks to be sensible, not inflammatory.

Comment

No participant had access restricted because of opinions presented in a respectful and considerate manner.

The posts that triggered the restricted access have been removed.

Comment

Paul thanks for the clarification.

Comment

Wow!

George Boutwell?
                              Jainen?
                              Old Jack?

I got some of the best advice from these guys.

Now I don't know what they said that was so offensive but there's got to be a better way.

Comment

Working...
                              X