IRS refund Checks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Haven't received anything yet

T/P travels alot, so her emails are coming through her Blackberry, as relayed from the daughters.

So I don't know what to expect. Hopefully T/P will be home this weekend! POA's for daughters accounts have been emailed for signature.

So I am in a waiting game.

I am not really sure if I know what a "legitimate US Treas Dept check" looks like, I haven't seen one in such a long time. That's is why I was thinking that if I had POA's, I could access the e-services and see what is posted in the account transcript.

Neither of these returns on the daughters, would receive refunds. They had to be filed due to some investment income. One was a total "0" on due/refund, the other return owed a small amount, like less than $50.

The mother (T/P) actually had to pay a "lot" in taxes on her return, due to high income and alt min.

So really it is a surprise that any of these checks are generated. Reviewing all my efiles on these 3 returns, all looks normal, from return, through transmission, acceptance and confirmations.

I will post more as I receive more information.

Thanks,

Sandy
    This is just weird!

Comment

Yes

I agree. Get me a $6 million check that I can cash - I'll figure out the rest.
      "The only function of economic forecasting is to make astrology look respectful" - John Kenneth Galbraith

Comment

It would curious

IF someone from IRS called to tell about the erroneous checks; and to advise recipient
        to go ahead and deposit same but send back a cashier's check for the 190,000 less a
        suitable fee for putting up with the trouble.

And who is John Chang, anyway?
        ChEAr$,
        Harlan Lunsford, EA n LA

Comment

Call me suspicious natured

but I doubt that John Chang is the real name of anyone involved in this situation.

Comment

Finally some resolve maybe

Finally received the power of attorney forms on one of the daughters accounts. Went into e-services and pulled account transcripts. Sure enough, IRS shows tax return filed, -0- due, $190,000 payment received, $190,000 refund check issued, $190,000 dishonored check, fees for dishonored check and interest and penalties. Another entry for "erroneous refund".

This is bizarre, for it to happen on 2 family members and the exact same $$ amount. Even more bizarre is the $60,000 check from John Chang which our Calif State Controller.

So what is up with this scenario???

Sandy

Comment

Working...
            X