Preparer Pins and Client Selected Pins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I guess....

... I didn't make myself clear. When a pin is selected it becomes part of the taxpayers SS#. The Pin really becomes the SS# + pin. Since the SS#s are unique by themselves every pin add-on can be the same throughout the country because the FULL pin is the SS# plus PIN.
    Last edited by BOB W; 01-24-2007, 09:04 AM.
    This post is for discussion purposes only and should be verified with other sources before actual use.

Many times I post additional info on the post, Click on "message board" for updated content.

Comment

Pins

I have always used the last 5 of my SSN for mine, and the last 5 of the SSN of the taxpayer...always preparer keyed. It takes me 10 seconds, and I'm on to the next thing....I keeps it simple!

S.Miller
      Atlanta, GA
      Shawn D. Miller
      Atlanta, GA

"If you stand on the shoulders of a giant...you will see further than a giant!"

Comment

Pins

Originally posted by TheGoodnShawn View Post
        I have always used the last 5 of my SSN for mine, and the last 5 of the SSN of the taxpayer...always preparer keyed. It takes me 10 seconds, and I'm on to the next thing....I keeps it simple!

S.Miller
        Atlanta, GA
        You know by memory all of your client's SS numbers?

I don't, that is why I use my zip code! I don't have to look that up!
        Jiggers, EA

Comment

Dont need to memorize the ssn

On the pin screen the client's name and ssn is on the top border....plus I have the client application right there on my desk...so I either look at that, or look at the top of the screen....like I said, this form takes me 10 seconds at tops, and that includes entering today's date.
          Last edited by TheGoodnShawn; 01-24-2007, 09:07 AM. Reason: edited post
          Shawn D. Miller
          Atlanta, GA

Comment

What is.....

....nice about Pins, there is no type-os.
            This post is for discussion purposes only and should be verified with other sources before actual use.

Many times I post additional info on the post, Click on "message board" for updated content.

Comment

Use the exact same

pins for everyone. If there is a quicker way tell me. You want the quickest way they have no meaning at all.

Comment

Jon

Originally posted by JON View Post
                pins for everyone. If there is a quicker way tell me. You want the quickest way they have no meaning at all.

When a pin is selected it becomes part of the taxpayers SS#. The Pin really becomes the SS# + pin. Since the SS#s are unique by themselves every pin add-on can be the same throughout the country because the FULL pin is the SS# plus PIN.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just use whatever is simplest for you. I use my Zip Code for everybody, including mine.

Comment

I use

ProSeries and all I do is check a box on the "info" sheet and the program selects the last five digit of clients s/s#.

Comment

That works.....

Originally posted by Larry M View Post
                    ProSeries and all I do is check a box on the "info" sheet and the program selects the last five digit of clients s/s#.
                    ..........................., anything to make it a no brainer.

Comment

Another reason I like Lacerte it is automatic , they pick the number and place it in the form. All you do is check the box e-file and on master options prior to starting tax season tell it to select pin numbers and it appears.

I hate to say it but you get what you pay for. Lacerte my be a tad expensive but my time is also expensive and god knows I save a lot of it becuase of that handy program.

Comment

You get what you pay for...

Originally posted by sea-tax View Post
                        Another reason I like Lacerte it is automatic , they pick the number and place it in the form. All you do is check the box e-file and on master options prior to starting tax season tell it to select pin numbers and it appears.

I hate to say it but you get what you pay for. Lacerte my be a tad expensive but my time is also expensive and god knows I save a lot of it becuase of that handy program.

Well, how much is Lacerte running for? I use Drake, and I felt like they were a bit pricey
                        Shawn D. Miller
                        Atlanta, GA

Comment

If you........

...... thought Drake was pricey, don't ask.

Comment

Lol

Well, we get what we pay for....LOL, Let me go look on Lacerte's website....Im very curious now

Shawn
                            Shawn D. Miller
                            Atlanta, GA

Comment

Originally posted by TheGoodnShawn View Post
                              Well, how much is Lacerte running for? I use Drake, and I felt like they were a bit pricey
                              Well Shawn I am not 100% sure , I have three offices and total for all three and the bells and whistles is around 10k per year. So If you break that down I guess it is around 3.5 k per year. But I may get a discount for multiple users, I am not sure because I don't pay the bills my office manager does and my partner signs them I just get to look at the QB financial stmts once and awhile.

But I have to agree with Bob W in that if you think that Drake is pricey then don't even ask about Lacerte. However it is the best program I have ever used , tried or seen , or tested. In general it is more effficient and speedy than any other program, Maybe Ultratax is a close 2nd.

Comment

Pin numbers

To GoodnShawn:
                                Drake will automatically enter the PIN number. Works fine.
                                Thanks to MomBob for advising us of this.

Comment

Working...
                                X