WebCD Not working with AOL browser

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anyone use Foxfire?

I installed Foxfire recently. I has advantages and disadvantages over Internet Explorer. I can now use either one of them. Their Thunderbird Email has advantages over Outlook Express, especially in getting rid of and filtering spam

Comment

Foxfire is my default browser

Originally posted by Joe Btfsplk View Post
      I installed Foxfire recently. I has advantages and disadvantages over Internet Explorer. I can now use either one of them. Their Thunderbird Email has advantages over Outlook Express, especially in getting rid of and filtering spam
      and I have had no problem with the WebCD.

Comment

Foxfire

Foxfire is my default browser also. I much prefer it. However, there are a few sites that I have to switch to IE because they are programmed specifically to IE.

LT
        Only in government or politics is a "cut in spending" really an increase. It's just not as much of an increase as they wanted it to be, therefore a "cut".

Comment

Firefox

I have used Firefox for about a year and a half now. I would never think of going back to IE - even though they finally added tabbed browsing in 7.0. Like thomtax, I have found there are sites that you must use IE with, but there is an extension you can download to automatically open those links in IE. The only problem I have found so far with the Web CD is that I had my Firefox options set to launch the Adobe reader as a separate application instead of using the plug-in and opening .pdf files in the browser window. This made the documents open pretty slowly, but now they are much faster.

Comment

We need pub titles.

With the help of Joe from TMI all is working now with my WebCD. Thanks Joe, its nice to know that someone at TMI knows what they are doing.

Suggestion on content - We have enough numbers to remember with having to know form numbers. Why not put the pub title of IRS publications along with the pub number in the bookmark column or at least when showing search results. Not many of us know what pub 1828 is all about without actually opening it to see.
            Last edited by OldJack; 01-22-2007, 05:56 PM.

Comment

Aol

I bought only the book and not the CD, and left AOL a year ago. But, I remember AOL not playing nice with Adobe Acrobat. I would connect to the internet via AOL, leave AOL on but minimize it, open IE, then open whatever might use Acrobat (such as IRS forms & pubs). That seemed to get me through. Good luck.

Comment

Working...
              X