Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

She said she....

Originally posted by Zee View Post
    Eli - that'd be great! I'm anxious to read your response.
    did not sign anything like that for them. She'll be working with me this season.

Eli

Comment

Wonder

[QUOTE=Black Bart;26748], which I assume they have researched and found that not enough people stay with it to make any significant dent in their trade and besides which, it may furnish a pool to dip out needed smart students for temp seasonal labor.

What they will do when the bill passes that tax preparers havd to be licensed or be a EA,or CPA. I don't think a first year preparer can pass the test.Maybe, Maybe not.
      Will the IRS make HRB employee exempt.Would that be a lawsuit or what.

Comment

average rules

>>when the bill passes that tax preparers have to be licensed or be a EA,or CPA. I don't think a first year preparer can pass the test<<

Preparers have been licensed in California for years. Even first-year preparers, who mostly were trained by Block. And California has harder-than-average rules.

Comment

I think they will stagger the testing . What I mean is that they will make non-licensed pros who want to prepare 1040 take one test , 1120 and 1120s another test and 1065 another and so on and so on. That way people can choose what they feel they want to do and be good at that,.

Comment

I vision the unlicensed preparers will be able to wourk under a licensed preparer. So every office will have at least one licensed preparer with the newly enrolled students working under them. Or, maybe not?

Comment

Originally posted by veritas View Post
              does have good commercials.

Have you seen the Willie Nelson one?
              Here's the link

Comment

the little guys

I expect the licensing requirement to be difficult to meet. Not that it will require a lot of tax knowledge, but that it will be a system that allows H&R Block and other major corporations to control who is working. Perhaps you will need a sponsor to be eligible for the test, or you have to enroll in an approved class, or you will have to post a bond, or get over other hurdles that are easy for a big corporation but impossible for the little guys.

That's how it is in California. The state doesn't even administer the license. CTEC is a consortium of private industry representatives.
                Last edited by jainen; 01-06-2007, 07:02 PM.

Comment

Block

the block course is in 2 parts.part one is for anyone,you can only take part 2 if you will be working for block.

Comment

Just perhaps

the policy I brought up pertained only to HRB company owned stores.
                    Franchisees would probably have more latitude I think.
                    ChEAr$,
                    Harlan Lunsford, EA n LA

Comment

Working...
                    X