Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just joined the message board

Hi,
    I have just joined and read some of your posted messages and believe I am going to enjoy this message board very much. I am a previous ATX er but this year I have switched to TRX Alliance software and have purchased my tax info. books from The Tax Book.
    Brenda with Ross Tax Service, Inc. Danbury, NC
    Last edited by RossTax1; 11-07-2006, 07:37 PM.

Welcome. If you want to know who's full of hot air and who's not, just ask me, I'll tell you.

Comment

Now is that any way to welcome our newest member?

Welcome Brenda...We are are glad you came on over. Can I get you something to drink? Maybe some chips and salsa?

Comment

What she needs are some sausages from Otto's in Portland. mmmmmmmmgoood They are the best.

Comment

Bluegrass

She's from Danbury NC and you're offering her hoop sausage from Portland?

Forget it! She's bound to love bluegrass!!

Snaggletooth

Comment

It's only about 2800 miles

Comment

Hey, Brenda

Originally posted by RossTax1
              Hi,
              I have just joined and read some of your posted messages and believe I am going to enjoy this message board very much. I am a previous ATX er but this year I have switched to TRX Alliance software and have purchased my tax info. books from The Tax Book.
              Brenda with Ross Tax Service, Inc. Danbury, NC
              Nice to have you. Here's some useful excerpts from the "Newbie's Guide" regarding the above responding comedians (all nice folks).

Cast of characters:

Armando Beaujolais -- Vice-president of the board's mod squad. Knows lotsa stuff about taxes (ask him about anything but 1065s). Generous and helpful to a fault, but It's been rumored that his Latin posting name is fake and is actually just plain, ordinary "Dash Riprock."

Bees Knees -- President of the board's mod squad. The last word in tax knowledge (one dissenting vote about that) and will clue you in if all else and everybody else fails. Big flirt --advise you not to take that offered drink and chips.

Veritas -- Oregonian who's full of baloney (but it's real bologna).

Snaggletooth -- Tennessee boy who specializes in cornpone and 1041s.

And me; well, never mind about all that. I simply strive to be a model of propriety in this age of declining decorum.

Comment

Welcome Brenda

Don't believe a thing any of these guys say.... especially a guy with a name like Black Bart.

Comment

Oh, alright!

Originally posted by OldJack
                  Welcome Brenda

Don't believe a thing any of these guys say.... especially a guy with a name like Black Bart.

Take it easy -- I'm getting to you, I'm getting to you! I would have mentioned you before if you'd been in the posting list above before.

Ahem! Now, okay, well...um...

Dear Ms. Ross,

The crusty blustering personage ("Old Jack") quoted herein is one of those CPAs (you know how they are) and he hails from Missouri (must rap between the eyes with baseball bat to get their attention). He's an older fellow who claims to still be active in some regards (he'll fill you in later) and has an ego which would perhaps be justifiable in Alexander the Great.

To give the devil his due, he displays on occasion an astounding and encyclopedic grasp of all things tax. As you might imagine, his daunting and domineering posts flog the inferior intellects of mere mortals into groveling pages of Publication 17 (i.e., "I agree," "I concur," "Absolutely, Jack," "You're right, Jack," "Yes, Jack," "Yes, yes, yes, yyyeesssss Jack!!!..." and so on. The exception is that bold soul, Superbees, who occasionally fires back with "Bull! That's complete hogwash, Jack." At such times it's best to retire to the sidelines out of the crossfire. Still, most Missouri boys are respectful of women and hounds, so if you need to know something about subparagraph (b) (3) (g) or something of that sort, he'll generally know about it and oblige you.

We hope you will enjoy it here.

Black Bart (my name that Jack dislikes has disappeared or somethin'.)

Comment

I hope we didn't scare her away already.

Comment

Gosh,

I was just thinkin' the same thing. Do you think maybe we, I, US, were a bit overwhelming in our enthusiastic Welcome Wagon back-and-forth?

Oh well, maybe she's a feisty new 21st century-type woman instead of one of those 50s "screamers" that needed help getting across the street (although I kinda miss them--they didn't have their own tax services back then to compete with me).

Time will tell, I think the platitude goes.

Ms. Ross -- would you please acknowledge presence if you're still around? Thanks.

Comment

Well.... after all BB this is the weekend and a hot thing like Brenda is not likely to be bothered with posting on a tax forum.

Oh... I am out of town on a guest computer and the nerd that I am just can't keep away from this place.

OldJack

Comment

Yuk, yuk,

Originally posted by Unregistered

nerd that I am just can't keep away from this place.

OldJack
                          Me either.

P.S. Please keep in mind that I advertised you as "respectful of women."
                          Last edited by Black Bart; 10-28-2006, 03:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by See below
                            The crusty blustering personage ("Old Jack") quoted herein is one of those CPAs (you know how they are) and he hails from Missouri (must rap between the eyes with baseball bat to get their attention). He's an older fellow who claims to still be active in some regards (he'll fill you in later) and has an ego which would perhaps be justifiable in Alexander the Great.
                            From what I gathered from a web site he linked us to once, he's in his 80s, and he hangs around with a bunch of rock and roll bands. That explains where the ego comes from.

CPA + musician = EGO

Comment

WOW you all are funny ! and specially you BB that was some great stuff . NOW back to work!

Comment

Working...
                              X