No announcement yet.

irs refunds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Correct. 2020 refunds with inaccurate RRC worksheets will cause a delay. I had one idiot who told me he did not get the $600 and I put that on the RRC filed Feb 20th. He gets his refund just last week reduced by $600. Now he will get that IRS nasty letter informing him he was mistaken. These folks should have saved the EIP1 and EIP2 notices.
    Taxes after all are the dues that we pay for the privileges of membership in an organized society. - FDR

Comment

Originally posted by Lion View Post
      I'm on a couple other tax preparer boards and see a lot of this. February e-files seem to take a long time to process. 12 February seems to be the date most often mentioned.
      That was the delayed start date of the filing season this year. Quite possilby there was some system glitch that took the IRS a while to straighten out, or maybe the traffic was so high they had to shuffle some returns off to limbo. I didn't understand then and don't understand now why anyone would want to be first in line to file in this situation, but I guess if you weren't willing to bill the client for work already done earlier and were desperate for revenue, you might have been tempted.
      "You said it, they'll never know the difference. Come on, we'll paint our way out!" - Moe Howard

Comment

Originally posted by ATSMAN View Post
        Correct. 2020 refunds with inaccurate RRC worksheets will cause a delay. I had one idiot who told me he did not get the $600 and I put that on the RRC filed Feb 20th. He gets his refund just last week reduced by $600. Now he will get that IRS nasty letter informing him he was mistaken. These folks should have saved the EIP1 and EIP2 notices.
        Just think of the money you made from the “idiot”. Some clients misplace or do not keep some records. Therefore, may require more billable time (makes one happy) or send the clients to a different preparer.

Wonder if the client would use the classification if you made a mistake with their return?
        Always cite your source for support to defend your opinion

Comment

Originally posted by TAXNJ View Post

Just think of the money you made from the “idiot”. Some clients misplace or do not keep some records. Therefore, may require more billable time (makes one happy) or send the clients to a different preparer.

Wonder if the client would use the classification if you made a mistake with their return?
          I think IRS simply corrects the return for EIP1 and EIP2 mistakes and either reduces the refund or a notice for balance due is issued. It is more of a nuisance for me when they call complaining. If for some reason a 1040X is required then there will be additional fee. Just yesterday another "idiot" thought he could hide a 1099-C from 2019 in the amount of 21,000. He got a tax notice and now is wondering if IRS will keep his family's EIP3???
          Taxes after all are the dues that we pay for the privileges of membership in an organized society. - FDR

Comment

I think IRS simply corrects the return for EIP1 and EIP2 mistakes and either reduces the refund or a notice for balance due is issued. It is more of a nuisance for me when they call complaining. If for some reason a 1040X is required then there will be additional fee. Just yesterday another "idiot" thought he could hide a 1099-C from 2019 in the amount of 21,000. He got a tax notice and now is wondering if IRS will keep his family's EIP3???
            Seems more billable time (makes one happy) for you if need to address it. Why complain if requires more billable time. If you can find the “perfect” clients please share.
            Last edited by TAXNJ; 04-18-2021, 01:55 PM.
            Always cite your source for support to defend your opinion

Comment

Anyone know a quick way to check the status of a 2019 tax return that was e-filed about 3 weeks back? The Where is my refund screen is only for 2020 tax returns right?
              I e-filed a client's 2019 return on 4-5 (have not yet filed 2020) and the "Where's My Refund?" screen shows her refund check was mailed 4-16. I suppose if you are doing multiple years at the same time (which I often do) the "Where's my refund?" screen will show the most recent?

Comment

Working...
              X