irs refunds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

irs refunds

what is going on with the irs that so many of my clients are not getting their tax refunds back some return were filed over 6 weeks ago is there an # that i can call at the irs to find out
    why? the hot line is useless

I filed my brother's returns a year ago. Still no word on 2017-2018-2019. But 2016 - the ONE year he owed. They're sending threat letters for $600.

Plus I have more clients with issues this year than EVER - I have filed more 2848's this year than the last 5 combined. All over stupid stuff - RETURNS!! <sarcasm>
    Matthew Jones
    Tax Preparation
    Computer Consultant

Tax Season is here!
    Make sure everything is working, extra ink or toner is available, Advil in top drawer!

Comment

I reviewed a co-workers simple return at my day job before she paper filed. I even ran it through my software w/ the same results. I told her it was correct and to send it. Her husband had SS withholding and she had over $4k of Federal withholding on her W2. She checked the status online and their refund is short by her withholding. I mailed in the company W2s in January along w/ the W3. Other co-workers who I e-filed didn't have a problem. Wouldn't the IRS processor have access to her withholding?!? I believe she also attached the W2 to her return.

Comment

If you mailed in the company's Forms W-2/W-3, they won't have been posted yet. The IRS has millions of pieces of mail to process. Did the IRS ask for any action on her part? Maybe to fax her W-2?

Comment

She paper-filed according to your post. Maybe she DIDN'T attach the W-2. Or it fell off after it was received.... If her refund has processed, wait until it is received. Then amend the return with another copy of her W-2 attached.

Comment

I really would like to know where some of my 2016/2017 returns are? All filed on time.

Comment

Wow..............

Comment

Originally posted by TAX4US View Post
                I really would like to know where some of my 2016/2017 returns are? All filed on time.
                E-filed?..

Comment

Anyone know a quick way to check the status of a 2019 tax return that was e-filed about 3 weeks back? The Where is my refund screen is only for 2020 tax returns right?
                  Taxes after all are the dues that we pay for the privileges of membership in an organized society. - FDR

Comment

Hi Group! Well, my 2020 personal tax return was e-filed and accepted by IRS on February 12th. No dependents, no EIC, estimated payments made, tax withheld on hubby pension, no previous year tax liabilities owing. Get Refund Status message "Your tax return is still being processed"....Still waiting for my nice refund....since 2020 return has been filed....still waiting for 3rd EIP.. **sigh**

Comment

I will answer my own question. Supposedly the IRSTOGO app can do it. I don't have a smart phone so I did not know!
                      Taxes after all are the dues that we pay for the privileges of membership in an organized society. - FDR

Comment

Originally posted by beck View Post
                        Hi Group! Well, my 2020 personal tax return was e-filed and accepted by IRS on February 12th. No dependents, no EIC, estimated payments made, tax withheld on hubby pension, no previous year tax liabilities owing. Get Refund Status message "Your tax return is still being processed"....Still waiting for my nice refund....since 2020 return has been filed....still waiting for 3rd EIP.. **sigh**
                        Just the opposite of my experience. Return efiled and ack'ed on March 7th, no dependents, no EIC, tax withheld on hubby pension, no previous year tax liabilities owing. Refund greater than $10K including a partially refundable credit direct deposited on March 17th. All 3 EIPs received and direct deposited.

"You said it, they'll never know the difference. Come on, we'll paint our way out!" - Moe Howard

Comment

Originally posted by Rapid Robert View Post
                          Just the opposite of my experience. Return efiled and ack'ed on March 7th, no dependents, no EIC, tax withheld on hubby pension, no previous year tax liabilities owing. Refund greater than $10K including a partially refundable credit direct deposited on March 17th. All 3 EIPs received and direct deposited.
                          Only difference is you e-filed 3 weeks after I did. Apparently, I'm stuck in the IRS black hole. HaHa!

Comment

I'm on a couple other tax preparer boards and see a lot of this. February e-files seem to take a long time to process. 12 February seems to be the date most often mentioned.

Comment

I saw a post on another board where there's a possibility that the refunds are held up due to discrepancies with stimulus checks - where clients who claim they didn't get all or didn't get one or both payments claimed it on the return as an additional credit and IRS is holding these returns up now in a suspense account without notifying anyone the status.
                              It does make sense because a few of the clients who have called me - did have issues with stimulus checks not being received, but now claimed on the return.
                              We were all advised to pick them up on the return if they didn't receive what they should have. In addition, we also were advised by IRS FAQs to return the money due deceased taxpayers, when those who died in 2020 were entitled to them. So IRS confused the effected taxpayers (and practitioners) by their bad advice.
                              Uncle Sam, CPA, EA. ARA, NTPI Fellow

Comment

Working...
                              X