Wage and Income Transcript

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wage and Income Transcript

I attempted to order a wage and income transcript for a client but they IRS sent an account transcript. I've went back to IRS website to order the wage and income but cannot find how to do so. Can someone point me in the right direction. I can't find where to order this

Does this help:

https://www.irs.gov/individuals/tran...-to-order-them

See “Wage and Income Transcript”
    Always cite your source for support to defend your opinion

Comment

I assume you want the Form W-2, Form 1099 series, Form 1098 series, or Form 5498 series transcript. Use form 4506T and check box 8. Or try e-services and then good luck making that work.

Comment

Thank you. I figured out that we have to fill out the form and fax or mail it in. In past I could order on line to have this mailed. Guess that's no longer an option

Comment

Yes. Years ago you were able to get information via e-services almost immediately on your computer but it has changed due to issues with identity theft, etc.

However, there is the “possibility“ that the former rules “may” return to some degree according to some IRS agents.
          Last edited by TAXNJ; 09-16-2020, 08:58 AM.

Comment

If you have a POA on file you can go to e-services and print the transcripts. Just printed a bunch yesterday. it was a bit easier in the old days. Seems once you fax the POA it takes about a week to get in the system.

Comment

Originally posted by Bucky View Post
              If you have a POA on file you can go to e-services and print the transcripts. Just printed a bunch yesterday. it was a bit easier in the old days. Seems once you fax the POA it takes about a week to get in the system.
              Good reply

Comment

Working...
              X