No announcement yet.

Draft of 2020 Form 1040

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Having that acknowledgement of returns (payroll, income tax, whatever) being accepted by the "agencies" is priceless. You know it got there AND you know what's entered in the governments' computers. No typos possible from data entry people at the governments' end when they don't have to enter from paper returns. This year, especially, e-filing saves months and months of waiting!

Comment

Originally posted by kathyc2 View Post

Well, I don't do many of the items on your list. I print and give to client for them to sign, mail and distribute to recipients.
      Do you give client a copy to authorize before you e-file on their behalf?
      I can appreciate not spending the money to buy e-file software and get the TCC code for FIRE system if you only do a few. I do e-mail the client a copy of what is being filed prior to e-filing just to make sure I did not miss and they are ok. I have learned from experience that 1099-Misc box 7 amounts can be rather "Tentative" and I hate filing corrections. So if the client want to change they get one last opportunity.

One year I had to file over 20 1099-Misc for one client and almost half of them required corrections. I learned my lesson!
      Taxes after all are the dues that we pay for the privileges of membership in an organized society. - FDR

Comment

Originally posted by FEDUKE404

Assuming you mean Form 8879. . .I thought taxpayer signature was an IRS requirement??
        (Otherwise you are technically filing an "unsigned" tax return. . .and bad things can occur.)
        Since the discussion is about 1099's it's obvious I was not talking about 8879.

Seems in 2020 some people can't accept that others see things differently. I'm comfortable with the way I deal with 1099's for my clients. I'm not telling anyone they should do it the way I do, but that doesn't seem to be a two way street.

Comment

Originally posted by kathyc2 View Post

Since the discussion is about 1099's it's obvious I was not talking about 8879.

Seems in 2020 some people can't accept that others see things differently. I'm comfortable with the way I deal with 1099's for my clients. I'm not telling anyone they should do it the way I do, but that doesn't seem to be a two way street.
          Completely AGREED !!!

BTW to clarify one other item
          The one on IRS draft forms is 2021, but I see Box 7 is also not on 1099misc for 2020.

The 2020 NEC form was made final in 2019 - way in advance on 12/10/19 - I think an attempt to give everyone a heads-up.

Comment

Working...
          X