Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So how are you handling clients in light of the virus ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Working on Maine tax return now; does not appear this state has extended any filing or payment deadlines?

Comment

Essential business is a state by state definition.

Comment

Originally posted by Lion View Post
        Essential business is a state by state definition.
        Here we go again. Some states consider Taxpreparers as "essential service" and others non-essential YET the tasks we perform are same or identical. Go figure??

Reminds me of Gov. Cuomo talking about Ad-Hoc nature of state response on everything connected with this crisis.

I liked the quote from Sen. Kennedy of LA. "Our country was founded by a bunch of geniuses BUT it is run by a bunch of idiots" it was delivered on the Senate floor!
        Taxes after all are the dues that we pay for the privileges of membership in an organized society. - FDR

Comment

Burke, as of now Maine has not officially extended deadline past April 15, but I would expect that to happen very soon. I plan to just keep the OPEN sign off, and I took down my hours sign. I put a notice on the door essential saying call or email for service.

Comment

We have a big notice on our door explaining how we handle stuff too. Door is now locked and will stay locked. 90% of our business is drop off anyway. So no big deal. My families health is a bigger concern than my clients refunds. Plus we can afford to shed a few of the pain in the ***, want it now clients.

Comment

Working...
            X