2019 tax forms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TAXNJ View Post
    you misunderstanding the posts, especially to ATSMAN’s reply post. So not to get into your usual long winded contest replies, it is easier to say you are correct as your posts always tells so not to get another reply.
    I wonder why you didn't follow your own advice. And I perfectly understood the posts, despite yet another mis-statement of fact by you.

As to repeated comments of "what difference does it make who did it", I already mentioned it is usually necessary to determine the source of a problem in order to fix it. If Congress did not pass a law mandating a certain form (which they can clearly do if they wish, as with Form 1040-SR), then evidently it was the Executive branch which did it, as in the case of the fake postcard return. As ATSMAN said, "I think politicians should be held accountable", and the first step of that is figuring out WHICH politicians.
    "You said it, they'll never know the difference. Come on, we'll paint our way out!" - Moe Howard

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Sam View Post

I would like to know the "statue" that created the post card return.
      IRS forms are not proscribed by statute. Congress passes the laws or statutes, and it is left up to the IRS to design the forms to incorporate such laws under the auspices of the Treasury Dept, which is headed by an administration-appointed official. In this case the IRS was directed to come up with a format meeting the administration's desire for a "postcard" tax return promised in the campaign. The IRS issued draft forms in June of 2018 and asked for input from industry tax preparation members. So it is not done unilaterally. Final forms were issued prior to the 2018 tax season filing. They wanted to use one form, eliminating the 1040A and1040EZ. Which is admirable, but it necessitated having numerous supplemental forms to accommodate the format. Since 90% of returns are software-prepared, they figured it would be an easy learning curve for the small minority who manually filled out their return.
      Last edited by Burke; 12-03-2019, 09:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rapid Robert View Post
        . As ATSMAN said, "I think politicians should be held accountable", and the first step of that is figuring out WHICH politicians.
        As to which, a good indicator are those that publicly proclaimed it "great". From what I've seen that would be Ryan, Trump and Mnunchin.

Comment

Originally posted by kathyc2 View Post

As to which, a good indicator are those that publicly proclaimed it "great". From what I've seen that would be Ryan, Trump and Mnunchin.
          The same “great” would apply to the prior Administration for the The Affordable Care Act (ACA) requiring Form 1095-A, Form 1095-B, Form 1095-C, and Form 8962 to accommodate the Act.
          Last edited by TAXNJ; 12-03-2019, 05:42 PM.
          Always cite your source for support to defend your opinion

Comment

Originally posted by TAXNJ View Post

The same “great” would apply to the prior Administration for the The Affordable Care Act (ACA) requiring Form 1095-A, Form 1095-B, Form 1095-C, and Form 8962 to accommodate the Act.

Absolutely not the same thing. The only lines that needed changed on 1040 was take off DPAD and exemption lines and add one for QBI. But because they campaigned on "post card" returns they took the 1040 that worked fine and scrambled everything up to get 2 half sheet 1040 and multiple schedules. I compare it to someone coming into your kitchen and moving everything around. I could still cook but it would take a lot longer and make me frustrated and mad as hell.
            Last edited by admin; 12-13-2019, 12:52 PM.

Comment

I should probably let this thread die before it gets too political but noticed something today that made reminded me of this thread. I am currently working to get a taxpayer caught up from 2015 to 2018. With the efile shutdown I have to paper file returns. As I was putting 2018 together it seemed much more to mail so I compared the weights of 2015 to 2018. These returns were basically the same income and deduction wise for each year although no itemizing in 2018. 2015 return weighed 1.9 oz. 2018 2.9 oz! Additional schedules and worksheets.
              Luckily most of us efile everything now days but think how much more this government version of simplification would have cost us in paper and postage if we were back in the day of printing and mailing everything.

Government efficiency (both parties as far as I'm concerned) at it's best.

Comment

Working...
              X