Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rmcgrobi
    replied
    Thanks to all who replied. Got info from The Tax Book. Just checking with other professionals. Maybe the new tax law updates might be different. Some changes already reversed.

Thanks again.

Leave a comment:

• TAXNJ
    replied
    Both you....

Originally posted by Rapid Robert View Post
    It is so stated in the IRS Publication. I was just wondering why post a question when it seems the answer is already known? Maybe it's just to keep us all sharp!
    and NYEA gave the sources to reference for the post and may be the support for the position taken on the return.

Refreshing to see and compliments to you also.

Leave a comment:

• TAXNJ
    replied
    Compliment....

Originally posted by New York Enrolled Agent View Post
    IRC section 213(d)(2)
    on your suggestion for a source to consider. Your source is better when supporting the position taken on the return than someone making a suggestion based on the suggestion of their "experience".

Leave a comment:

• Rapid Robert
    replied
    Originally posted by New York Enrolled Agent View Post
    IRC section 213(d)(2)
    It is so stated in the IRS Publication. I was just wondering why post a question when it seems the answer is already known? Maybe it's just to keep us all sharp!

Leave a comment:

• New York Enrolled Agent
    replied
    Originally posted by Rapid Robert View Post
    Where did you get the info about $50 limit? Did you try checking Pub 502 for your answer?
    IRC section 213(d)(2)

Leave a comment:

• Rapid Robert
    replied
    Originally posted by rmcgrobi View Post
    My understanding is that $50/night/per person for hotel (or actual expense if under $50) + mileage can be deducted. No meals.
    Where did you get the info about $50 limit? Did you try checking Pub 502 for your answer?

Leave a comment:

• Deductible med exp for parents of teen with mental disabilities

Hi all you hard working professionals,

Clients' (husband/wife) daughter had to be institutionalized in 2017 for various lengths of time. Daughter 18. Parents' med ins covered daughter's expenses. Parents had to travel to Los Angeles, CA, and San Francisco, CA, (from Santa Cruz, CA) to attend therapy sessions with her.

My understanding is that $50/night/per person for hotel (or actual expense if under $50) + mileage can be deducted. No meals.

Can I get a confirmation on this please. If any of you know anything different, please let me know.

Thanks so much,
    Robi
Working...
X