Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Harlan Lundsford

The passing of a legend!

Kathryn Morgan, EA, NTPI FellowEnrolled Agent, Master Tax Advisor, Professional Speaker, Teacher, technical writer, ://www.hrbtax.com/Kathryn_Morgan

For those of you who haven't heard, we as a community lost one of our legends this morning. The GrEAt Harlan Lundsford passed from a bout with cancer. Harlan, in his usual self depreciating style, "retired" last year and we all assumed he was off enjoying his well earned retirement. He was actually giving it his best fight against this horrible disease. We have lost several of our legends this year, including one year ago today, Sondra Gaylord. I'm sure they are all watching over use and having a beverage while doing so. So long, Harlan! chEArs from another EA in LA!

Copied from a LinkedIn board, probably NAEA

Lion, thank you so much for posting this. I once had an intensive correspondence going on with Harlan but then lost contact.

Comment

Originally posted by Lion View Post
      So long, Harlan! chEArs
      Thanks for the post, Rita.

Originally posted by Gretel View Post
      I once had an intensive correspondence going on with Harlan but then lost contact.
      Same here. I'll be sure to raise a glass in memory of him this weekend.

Comment

What name did he use when posting?

RIP
        Taxes after all are the dues that we pay for the privileges of membership in an organized society. - FDR

Comment

He used ChEAr$ and signed his posts

ChEAr$,
          Harlan Lunsford, EA n LA

Comment

Sad

I always enjoyed reading his posts and responses. He helped me MANY times. He will be missed for sure.

Linda, EA

Comment

Harlan helped me out so many times. I am so sad read of his passing. Will be greatly missed.

Comment

Many of us had that experience with Harlan. He was always ready & willing to help in any way he could. He will be missed here and on several other forums as well.
                "The only function of economic forecasting is to make astrology look respectful" - John Kenneth Galbraith

Comment

Didn't Know this

Lion, thanks for letting us know. I knew we had not heard from ChEAr$ in some time and had wondered.

Harland and I went to seminar together once in Dillard, GA. He actually went to a military college in Dahlonega, GA,
                  where he met me at a bluegrass jam and we had a couple drinks.

I have very positive memories of Mr. Lunsford, and sad to hear of his passing.

Comment

Harlann's obit:

A true Southern Gentleman.
                    Jiggers, EA

Comment

ChEAr$

Harlan and his extensive expertise will be sorely missed !! He bailed me out on many occasions.

RIP

Regards = Ricardo

Comment

I'd wondered why his posts had stopped. I googled his name and was sorry to hear of his passing He was a great guy

Comment

I too had the pleasure

I too had the pleasure to communicate with Harlan on this message board.

Rest in peace Harlan

Comment

Working...
                          X