Where is John H

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RitaB View Post
    Yes, y'all please join us over there! It's a sight.
    It's been so long since I did, I forgot my username. Finally found it in an old file from 2006 when I signed up. I'm back.

Comment

It's very civilized. Just like here. No #$%^ bad language. What the %^&& are talking about, Ron??

Just snoop around a little and check us out. And in honor of Valentine's Day, my motto:

You can't make people love you. You can only stalk them and hope for the best.

Woohoo, I finally made it over here. After waiting and waiting for an activation email to finish the sign up for this board, someone at the Tax Book had to unlock access for me. *waves* Hi everyone. Some of you know me as jklcpa over on the unofficial ATX and Drake forums.
      jklcpa

Comment

Originally posted by Corduroy Frog View Post
        I would have to think long and hard about joining a forum with no oversight. The very namesake brings up memories of the old ATXers.com website.

I went on there a couple times and retreated very quickly. There were no controls, and the language was so vulgar it reminded me of smoking behind the barn in the rural south. There were personal insults and shouting matches and little content which might resemble a discussion of tax issues. Mysteriously and mercifully, the website went away or was taken away.

If any of the aforementioned comrades enjoy other websites, I don't begrudge their freedom to do so except to the extent that I miss some of them, especially Rita who lights up the board. I do remember the early days of the TMI forum where it was like an old Cole Porter song..."Anything Goes". Within a few months without policies the board degenerated to the extent something had to be done and some minimal controls were instituted.
        The unofficial ATX forum is nothing like that old ATXers.com. That was horrible and not useful at all. Please come try us out. It is a much smaller group and most everyone tries to be helpful and supportive.
        jklcpa

Comment

And we have great moderators.
          Really GREAT moderators.
          "The only function of economic forecasting is to make astrology look respectful" - John Kenneth Galbraith

Comment

Mmmm hmmmm

Yes, we do! Not mentioning any names JudyL cough cough.
            If you loan someone $20 and never see them again, it was probably worth it.

Comment

Yes, we do! Not mentioning any names JudyL cough cough.
              Aww, thanks. I wasn't fishing for compliments, just saying hi with the different username.
              I think our little forum is getting better and better, and we've picked up some great new people in the last year or so that are contributing too. It's also great that Eric is so open to suggestions to make the forums most useful.
              Last edited by JudyL; 02-18-2015, 03:09 PM.
              jklcpa

Comment

Working...
              X