Where is John H

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where is John H

our friend from Carolina? Sometimes people go AWOL but I always thought he would hang around.

I guess my only REAL concern of substance is I hope he's OK.

I've met him once in NC. Great guy.

I wondered the same thing, and then magically I believe on 2/10/2015 or 2/11/2015 he posted!

JohnH - we miss you!

Sandy

Comment

Guess he likes me more than you

Our buddy was seen talking to one RitaB on ATX unofficial forum today. Yes, siree.
      If you loan someone $20 and never see them again, it was probably worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by RitaB View Post
        Our buddy was seen talking to one RitaB on ATX unofficial forum today. Yes, siree.
        Shameless hussy!

Comment

Hey, hey

Originally posted by BHoffman View Post
          Shameless hussy!
          No shame in my game.

Comment

Aw-w-w.
            You all are just too nice.

Rita, our little rendezvous was supposed to stay secret wasn't it?
            (Not that there's anything wrong with that.)

I've been lurking, but a little busy trying to catch up after being away a couple of weeks.
            Looking forward to a busy tax season and hope it's the same for everyone else on here.
            "The only function of economic forecasting is to make astrology look respectful" - John Kenneth Galbraith

Comment

Hmm, I been

Originally posted by JohnH View Post
              Aw-w-w.
              You all are just too nice.

Rita, our little rendezvous was supposed to stay secret wasn't it?
              (Not that there's anything wrong with that.)

I've been lurking, but a little busy trying to catch up after being away a couple of weeks.
              Looking forward to a busy tax season and hope it's the same for everyone else on here.
              missin' that rascal too (hadn't a clue he was out a-trystin' with our beloved RitaB - you gotta watch those Tennessee belles and Carolina crackers close). And too, our nattily-appointed amphibian (aka the Corduroy Frog) has been stayin' in Nashville and away from the board too long also. Guess I'll have to go to that ATX unofficial board (I didn't know it existed 'till y'all mentioned it) and see what chit-chat's goin' on there.

Ta!
              Last edited by Black Bart; 02-13-2015, 01:44 AM.

Comment

You're missing a hoppin' board. See you there!

Comment

JohnH, I had been wondering about you as well. Good to hear from you.

Comment

Sweet chikin and gravy, it's BB!

Originally posted by Black Bart View Post
                    missin' that rascal too (hadn't a clue he was out a-trystin' with our beloved RitaB - you gotta watch those Tennessee belles and Carolina crackers close). And too, our nattily-appointed amphibian (aka the Corduroy Frog) has been stayin' in Nashville and away from the board too long also. Guess I'll have to go to that ATX unofficial board (I didn't know it existed 'till y'all mentioned it) and see what chit-chat's goin' on there.

Ta!
                    Yes, y'all please join us over there! It's a sight.

Comment

It is worth joining the Unofficial ATX Community Board for several reasons:

First of all, it isn't limited to ATX users. I switched to Drake a couple of years ago, and many member of that community use other software as well. So the fact is that many of the participants are former ATX'ers, people who bailed out on ATX, or even people who have never used ATX.

Secondly, it's a congenial group (well, mostly congenial) - a lot like this forum.

Thirdly, there are some very knowledgeable people over there - again, a lot like this forum.

Fourthly, and most importantly, it's a totally independent forum. The participants pay the operating costs through voluntary contributions. That means we self-moderate, and thus are not subject to the whims of a particular vendor (not that there's anything wrong with a particular vendor having whims - ). In any event, the Unofficial ATX Forum can't be shut down, moderated, or censored by anyone except those who participate and own it. We are free to say what we wish about any vendor or subject, within the bounds of good taste and legal ramifications. That has turned out to be a pretty good benefit in a couple of situations I'm aware of.
                      "The only function of economic forecasting is to make astrology look respectful" - John Kenneth Galbraith

Comment

ATXers.com

I would have to think long and hard about joining a forum with no oversight. The very namesake brings up memories of the old ATXers.com website.

I went on there a couple times and retreated very quickly. There were no controls, and the language was so vulgar it reminded me of smoking behind the barn in the rural south. There were personal insults and shouting matches and little content which might resemble a discussion of tax issues. Mysteriously and mercifully, the website went away or was taken away.

If any of the aforementioned comrades enjoy other websites, I don't begrudge their freedom to do so except to the extent that I miss some of them, especially Rita who lights up the board. I do remember the early days of the TMI forum where it was like an old Cole Porter song..."Anything Goes". Within a few months without policies the board degenerated to the extent something had to be done and some minimal controls were instituted.

Comment

We've managed to avoid that type of situation so far. We do have a couple of trusted moderators, and overall they do a very good job. Things are very civil over there for the most part, and on those occasions when someone has gone off the rails, they were eventually reigned in. There have been a few who were pushed out because they refused to play nice, but that's the exception rather than the rule.

I'm not saying it never gets lively. We have a few who are more bombastic that others, but in general things get hashed out peaceably.

Comment

There's oversight. Just not commercial (product-owned) oversight. So, we can discuss any software, for instance. (There are sub-forums for Drake and other software as well.) As John said, we have a couple of very bright women moderators. And, way too many women for it to turn into a boys' locker room. Hey, we even have two Ritas, so that's good, right?!

Comment

Well, there ya go

Originally posted by Lion View Post
                              Hey, we even have two Ritas, so that's good, right?!
                              It's very civilized. Just like here. No #$%^ bad language. What the %^&& are talking about, Ron??

Just snoop around a little and check us out. And in honor of Valentine's Day, my motto:

You can't make people love you. You can only stalk them and hope for the best.

Comment

Working...
                              X