No announcement yet.

Riddle of the day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think Lion must have heard these before.

Reminds me of when Rubiks Cube first came out. I think I was obsessed with it for two days before I finally figured out how to solve it. Then one day, we had some friends in the car and their teenage boy got a hold of my Rubiks Cube and started trying to solve it. We went in someplace while he stayed in the car. When we got back to the car, he had solved it. I ranted and raved about how smart he was and how he solved it in a fraction of the time it took me to solve it. He was shy and never said much.

Years later when he was an adult, he told my wife that he had taken it apart and re-assembled it in the car while we were gone because he couldn’t solve it the normal way. But I had made such a big deal over him solving it and how smart he was, that he was too embarrassed to say he cheated.

Comment

100!

100? Good grief! I'd better get contributing. Or, at least asking questions.

My sister claims I started talking in story problems when my son was born. She may be right. I'd talk math or science or whatever problems in the car; we'd solve the problems of the world. (Kids will talk with you about ANYTHING when they're in the back seat and don't have to make eye contact with you.) So, I've probably heard similar, if not identical, problems during my many decades. Son's grown and looking into teaching; daughter left for UConn with hopes to be a high school math teacher. Maybe my days of talking in story problems are over, now.

Comment

Like that

Already as a child I loved riddles. I spend all the time I needed to figure this out by myself and not get blinded by how the questions was asked. Only then I looked to the other posts but I was tempted before since I am impatient.

Comment

Working...
        X