Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh, have I ever

Originally posted by Burke View Post
    Love it. Have you downloaded 12.8 yet? I am waiting until tomorrow. And I am outta here.
    Or, it might be more accurate to say 12.8 downloaded ME. Come Monday, this gal is gonna have to fish or cut bait. If you have not downloaded 12.8, don't. They say there is a hot fix, 12.9, just out. I don't really know what "hot" means, but the non-hot "fixes" have been crapola.

Sorry to hijack the thread, Mike. Took a detour off the perfect season, my bad.
    If you loan someone $20 and never see them again, it was probably worth it.

Comment

Rita/Burke:

I read that ATX claims they identified the flaw in 12.8 which was causing the problems and that 12.9 corrects it. I'm not vouching for the advice - more along the lines of passing along rumors...
      "The only function of economic forecasting is to make astrology look respectful" - John Kenneth Galbraith

Comment

Yep, that's what I am hearing

Originally posted by JohnH View Post
        Rita/Burke:

I read that ATX claims they identified the flaw in 12.8 which was causing the problems and that 12.9 corrects it. I'm not vouching for the advice - more along the lines of passing along rumors...
        Yeah, I am reading everything on both boards, I really don't want to learn (or pay for) new software, hope 12.9 is the best thing since ATX2011. It needs to be. Gonna take a Sabbath and regroup and hope Monday is a great day.
        If you loan someone $20 and never see them again, it was probably worth it.

Comment

I'm thinking once something complex gets this unstable, it's hard to correct it with tired, overworked, and harried programmers working under intense pressur. But for your sake and for all those still trying to get it to perform, I do hope they get their act together.
          "The only function of economic forecasting is to make astrology look respectful" - John Kenneth Galbraith

Comment

I'll pass on the nicotine fix

Originally posted by RitaB View Post
            I don't drink either, but I use ATX, so hand over the wine, Joan.

Maybe a cigarette or two.

And a sledge hammer. That'd be great.
            I'll take the wine.

No smoker here. Worked on a client's return yesterday (records/documents/etc), and I swear my entire office now smells like an ash tray. At least I did not have to visit the client's abode...

FE

Comment

Originally posted by RitaB View Post
              Or, it might be more accurate to say 12.8 downloaded ME. Come Monday, this gal is gonna have to fish or cut bait. If you have not downloaded 12.8, don't. They say there is a hot fix, 12.9, just out. I don't really know what "hot" means, but the non-hot "fixes" have been crapola.

Sorry to hijack the thread, Mike. Took a detour off the perfect season, my bad.
              I haven't needed the hot fix, but a lot of people on the atx board are happy now. Not everyone, but a lot more.

I use ATX too, so I need the chocolate. In fact just bought me some at half off. You'll have to come pick up the wine.

Comment

Working...
              X