X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tax Preparer's perfect life

#1. NO EIC

#2. No divorces

#3. No joint anything unless you're married.

Mike

Yes, and

# 4) Clients who bring in all their stuff, and only the necessary stuff, at one time.

# 5) Clients who are in a hurry to leave, but not in a hurry for their return.
    If you loan someone $20 and never see them again, it was probably worth it.

Comment

#6. Clients who start treating you as only their accountant and not as their psychiatrist
      #7. Clients who pay you like you were their psychiatrist

Comment

*8 - client with one 1099R with too much tax withheld and who tells you, "no rush; just whenyou're not busy.
        ChEAr$,
        Harlan Lunsford, EA n LA

Comment

#9 People who ask you tax questions are truly your clients.

Comment

You guys are on a roll

# 10) Church treasurers who don't know you exist and hit up Harlan for free advice.

# 11) Clients who don't freak out and call you two days after you e-file to ask when will my deposit "hit".

# 12) Relatives who leave you. Priceless.

Comment

13) Clients who don't expect your retired husband to watch their three kids while you prepare their returns.

14) Clients who don't tell you when they expect their return done when they drop it off.

14a) Clients who didn't tell you when they dropped off and don't call you the night before they leave on vacation wanting to pick up their return right now. (Last year my clients with two trusts, two kids with kiddie tax, and their own multistate return, forgot to tell me they were going to be on a 40th anniversary cruise with their entire extended family until 15 April -- even though they had been planning it for TWO YEARS -- and wanted their returns right now so they wouldn't have to worry about it while they were on vacation!)

15) Clients who bring me dark chocolates. (Wish I had at least one of those each week. Did have a client bring me wine yesterday!)

16) Clients who email me instead of calling.

Comment

Nothing but 400 1040EZ's that you could get 100 bucks each for. But then again that might get pretty boring.

Comment

Hugs

Clients that give you a hug when you are done.

Comment

To have a software program that works on early release in December with modifications in early January

Have taxpayers that understand what they need to provide for college tax credits

Ditto prior posts on clients email instead of calling - which I encourage all the time for those clients that do have computer skills and email

No bankruptcies, abandonment of property and no cancellation of debts

Clients that do not refi because the interest rate dropped 1/8 or 1/4 of a point more than one time in a tax year

Relatives that leave me - Please, please - so I don't have to solve their tax issues for no $$

Love the hugs from clients that do appreciate us

Sandy

Comment

Aaugh

#137) Never forgetting to enter bank numbers before transmitting a return. At least it is an opportunity to remind them about #4.
                      Last edited by RitaB; 02-16-2013, 08:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lion View Post
                        13)
                        Same here. I just hope everyone will start using email. It makes it so much easier for me to manage my time.

Comment

Originally posted by Lion View Post
                          13)
                          15) Clients who bring me dark chocolates. (Wish I had at least one of those each week. Did have a client bring me wine yesterday!)

I got chocolates on Valentine's day. Love it (mmmm just had one...). another client brought me wine, but I don't drink. Still appreciated!

138) clients that use my web portal to send their documents.

139) good clients that send me good referrals

Comment

Hmm

I don't drink either, but I use ATX, so hand over the wine, Joan.

Maybe a cigarette or two.

And a sledge hammer. That'd be great.
                            Last edited by RitaB; 02-16-2013, 05:44 PM.

Comment

Love it. Have you downloaded 12.8 yet? I am waiting until tomorrow. And I am outta here.

Comment

Working...
                              X