Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you are going to try Drake

Originally posted by gman View Post
    It has been a horrible experience for the customers and I'm sure with Taxworks. I am calling Drake today. Thankful e-filing started late this year. That has saved me. No one answers the phone and with the update I did today, I cannot even open the program. Thankfully Drake can convert the files. Please let me know if their is a lawsuit and please let this Drake software work.

Frustrated still.....
    Give Pro Series a shot also. I think you will like it more.

Dusty

Comment

thanks,

Right now I have little time to spare on shopping around. Majority of users seem to be switching to Drake and most have had good things to say.
      Maybe next year I can try it.

TW said it will refund money, anyone recieve that yet.

Comment

@gman

I just send the salesrep that i talked to a couple of days ago an email on how to get a refund for this awful experience? I will post it as soon as i get an answer. I also talked to drake and they said they could do this really quick. my issue is, i was under the 1040works of taxworks and she said that may take a bit longer to convert. the data was converted to taxworks this year, but as you can see, the program will not open clients. also, someone mentioned they are owned by hr block in an earlier post which i do not believe is true. they are owned by redgear technologies. I would feel better if they were owned by block, which would have given up a better chance to go after and at get restitution for all the trouble they have put us through.

Comment

Redgear Technologies was bought

Originally posted by ardi600 View Post
          also, someone mentioned they are owned by hr block in an earlier post which i do not believe is true. they are owned by redgear technologies. I would feel better if they were owned by block, which would have given up a better chance to go after and at get restitution for all the trouble they have put us through.
          by HRB a few years back. They still operate with the Redgear name.

After reading all of the horror stories I am so glad I switched software this year. I used Tax Works since I went solo back in 2003, and when everyone was reporting problems with Tax Works two years ago, I didn't have any problems and stuck with them. Then last year, for the first time, they insisted on doing a remote installation of the 2011TY software rather than installing it myself. I had lots of problems and in one day spent about 5 hours on the phone with support and a number of other calls to support on other days.

Good luck everyone.

Comment

Reading all this makes me so thankful I have Tax Slayer. They were selected for testing and I've already filed and gotten approved about 20 returns. Support is awesome. They answer very promptly, never on hold and are very helpful.

Comment

Working...
            X