Taxworks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Taxworks

Is anyone having any luck with getting their program to work. I downloaded the latest update on Thursday and have had problems ever since.
    Spent 4 hours on the line with support on Friday. The first words on their answering service is that "they apologized for the problems and are working on a fix" Anybody's program working correctly or have heard from them giving a time frame of when it will be available?

posted in error
    Last edited by BOB W; 01-27-2013, 04:27 PM.
    This post is for discussion purposes only and should be verified with other sources before actual use.

Many times I post additional info on the post, Click on "message board" for updated content.

Comment

See your email

Sandy

Comment

no success

after hours of hold time this year, it seems most of the support is incompetent and they really do not care. they have a set answer to most questions which is the update will fix that. I finally talked to the guy and sold me the software, and he said we are doing our best but he simply said have a plan B in place. This company has caused me a lot of hardship so far. Who am i going to switch to now considering we are two days away from the start of the tax season?

Comment

Horrible experience

Now the phone lines are cut off.

Comment

Dilemna

Must be awful for the maker of the software and also all the tax preparers that are using the software. I'd be panicky by now. Is this the same software as ATX that I've been hearing so much about?

Comment

Next year I'll bet the number of people who take advantage of the early purchase discounts from these vendors will go WAY DOWN (assuming of course that the vendors themselves are still around).
              "The only function of economic forecasting is to make astrology look respectful" - John Kenneth Galbraith

Comment

Software

Is anyone having any luck with getting their program to work. I downloaded the latest update on Thursday and have had problems ever since.
                Spent 4 hours on the line with support on Friday. The first words on their answering service is that "they apologized for the problems and are working on a fix" Anybody's program working correctly or have heard from them giving a time frame of when it will be available?
                Sounds familiar. Lip service was the only thing I got the last year I used TW a couple of years ago. I hope it works out for all of the TW users that are having trouble right now. This is no way to start any season. I've been there, as have a lot of others, and wish I had an answer for you.

Hope they get this fixed for you all soon.

Comment

TaxWorks & ATX are different products from different vendors. TaxWorks is owned by HRB & ATX by CCH

Comment

Cost

Like everything else, you get what you pay for. About the only inexpensive software that I ever hear good things about is Drake. For more horsepower you have to spend more money.
                    I would put a favorite quote in here, but it would get me banned from the board.

Comment

panicking now

they are not even putting on hold today(which has been about two hours). i updated to the current version today and now, i can not open any customer file. I called the sales rep and told him that you guys should somehow be responsible for loss of income if i lose a customer because this awful software of yours. also, i have lost so much time being on hold and talking to your reps that i could have spent on my clients or promoting the business. Any suggestions?

Comment

Try Drake, I think we are going to.

Comment

not enough time

I actually almost switched to drake before staying with taxworks. But the issue is i have people scheduled starting tomorrow and there is definitely not enough time to do the switch and learn the software. Taxworks will prob be bankrupt or will a ton of law suits on their hand

Comment

Horrible experience

It has been a horrible experience for the customers and I'm sure with Taxworks. I am calling Drake today. Thankful e-filing started late this year. That has saved me. No one answers the phone and with the update I did today, I cannot even open the program. Thankfully Drake can convert the files. Please let me know if their is a lawsuit and please let this Drake software work.

Frustrated still.....

Comment

Pro Series

Originally posted by ardi600 View Post
                              they are not even putting on hold today(which has been about two hours). i updated to the current version today and now, i can not open any customer file. I called the sales rep and told him that you guys should somehow be responsible for loss of income if i lose a customer because this awful software of yours. also, i have lost so much time being on hold and talking to your reps that i could have spent on my clients or promoting the business. Any suggestions?
                              Give it a try and Drake. I think you will pick Pro Series.

Dusty

Comment

Working...
                              X