IRS RPO relaxes CPE requirement for 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bees Knees View Post
    What's IRS going to say? Sorry, you can't be a tax preparer anymore?

This is just an example of that fact. When push comes to shove, they will cave in to the tax pros.
    Answer to the question - WHY NOT? I'll use the proverbial example - My barber has a license from the state of NY. If he doesn't renew his license, he can't be a barber. I find nothing wrong with that.

Bees - I'm a little disappointed in your reference to "tax pros" to describe individuals with a PTIN who despite knowing full well that there was a requirement to take 15 hours of CE in 2012 failed to complete the requirement. What part of that requirement don't these folks understand?

I would assert that those individuals were derelict in their reponsibilities - they are not tax pros - so why not say no to their PTIN renewal? I think individuals such as the members of this message board who fulfill their responsibilities including the CE requirements are the tax pros!!! The IRS has let them down.

Comment

Originally posted by Bees Knees
      What's IRS going to say? Sorry, you can't be a tax preparer anymore? Go find another job.
      Originally posted by New York Enrolled Agent View Post
      Answer to the question - WHY NOT?
      Was answered:

Originally posted by Bees Knees View Post
      They can't administer the tax system on their own. THEY NEED US.

Comment

Working...
      X