Toner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Decent prices

Seems like decent prices, especially compared to the manufacturer or even the competitive office supply outlets online, but I've had great luck with even 25-50% lower prices than that on ebay, even for the late model machines......not to mention free shipping and a return policy if there are any issues; and they aren't re-manufactured or refilled cartridges...or so they claim.....I'm not a cartridge expert, but I've used these toners this year and they appear to be brand new and have worked flawlessly. Also, if there were real issues, the ebay seller would have negative feedback after a while. The ebay store I bought them from has thousands of feedback at 99.2% for the past several years.

Comment

Is it True??

By asking this question, I'm going to reveal just how ignernt I really are...

Someone told me these cartridges also have a timing chip in them, which sets off an internal electronic clock.

If you don't use up all the toner ink in a certain amount of time, then the chip will shut down the cartridge so it won't emit any more ink, even though you may have plenty of ink left in the cartridge. The user is then prompted to buy another supply of ink, as the toner no longer works.

Say it ain't so Joe. Is this for real??

Comment

Originally posted by Nashville View Post
        By asking this question, I'm going to reveal just how ignernt I really are...

Someone told me these cartridges also have a timing chip in them, which sets off an internal electronic clock.

If you don't use up all the toner ink in a certain amount of time, then the chip will shut down the cartridge so it won't emit any more ink, even though you may have plenty of ink left in the cartridge. The user is then prompted to buy another supply of ink, as the toner no longer works.

Say it ain't so Joe. Is this for real??
        I HAD to change out a cartridge today that the printer would not allow me to continue with even though it was still printing out pages just fine. A supposed 1200 page cartridge yielded only 818 pages. I have saved it and will try it again when this one is through to see whether or not I can get any more out of it. On both of my previous printers I could take out the cartridge, shake it up and run it until it was empty.

Comment

From what I've read manufacturers have various ways for the "toner low" or "change toner" message to come on and then make it where you can not print although you still have enough toner.

For my brother printer, I can place a piece of tape over a small opening in the toner cartridge and it will continue to print until completely gone. You can go to fixyourownprinter.com or search on google on the specific "fix" for certain printers.

Comment

Originally posted by geekgirldany View Post
            From what I've read manufacturers have various ways for the "toner low" or "change toner" message to come on and then make it where you can not print although you still have enough toner.

For my brother printer, I can place a piece of tape over a small opening in the toner cartridge and it will continue to print until completely gone. You can go to fixyourownprinter.com or search on google on the specific "fix" for certain printers.
            If that is true, someone should sue these guys! How 'bout a class action from tax preparers? I just noticed my toner light came on although it is still printing; I just changed it a few weeks ago! I think. I am going to keep track of dates and copy count from now on, you can be sure.

Comment

Originally posted by geekgirldany View Post

Thanks for the tip. I found how to reset Brother TN420/450 cartridges here - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxeIXHdf90M

Comment

I ordered one when I first saw this thread and it came today. Great price

Comment

Working...
                X