Toner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Toner

If anybody's looking for good-quality, very reasonably-priced recycled cartridges here's a good place to get them:

I've shopped around since Office Max skyrocketed their prices some years back and if your "used stuff" experience matches mine, you probably consider the words "good" and "recycled cartridges" to be an oxymoron. I've tried many suppliers with varying degrees of unsuccess (is that a word?), had given up, bit the bullet and bought new...until, I stumbled across these guys out of Memphis. I'm running HP1012 Laserjets and Sam's cost is $69.50 each -- these are a five-pack for $105 or $23 for a single. It's been smooth (and cheap) sailing for two years now.

P.S. An afterthough: some 21st century folks have probably banished paper from your offices and this is irrelevant, so please excuse the ring (still, what's the electronic equivalent to Charmin?)

A good laugh is sunshine in the house. Thackery
    Cheer up, the worst is yet to come. Philander Johnson
    Last edited by Black Bart; 12-19-2012, 09:26 AM.

Do they sell liquid toner as well?
    "The only function of economic forecasting is to make astrology look respectful" - John Kenneth Galbraith

Comment

Your quote

"Cheer up, the worst is yet to come"

Describes our current situation perfectly.

Comment

Originally posted by Black Bart View Post
        these are a five-pack for $105 or $23 for a single. It's been smooth (and cheap) sailing for two years now.
        Think these are as productive as an original cartridge?

At that price, I'll be making the switch regardless. Thanks.

Comment

Black Bart -Good Price

Black Bart - I looked up the cartridge for my printer and yes, that is a very good price. You indicated the quality is also good. I was buying from InkGrabber but might switch.

Comment

San Francisco

Bart, you referred me to a guy in San Francisco area that was selling these things really cheap, and I think they did O.K. Guy was always calling me trying to get me to buy 10 at a time for a discount. Used him for about a year.

Called him up one day and he was gone. Outa business. Been at the mercy of Office Max ever since. We got an outfit (probably a franchise) called "Cartridge World" in some of our small towns a couple years ago, selling cartridges for about 40% off. Problem was there was only half the toner in their cartridges and quality was bad too.

I'll try out your Memphis folks, and hope they're good. If they're not, I'm going to send my wife Callie to work for you. Guarantee you'll bring her back....

Comment

I have a Xerox ColorQube 8570

And I spend a lot on the cubes, but I love the printer. Any alternatives to Xerox? thanks.

Comment

Bart,

Thanks for posting this timely thread. I'm in need of them and will check them out.

D

Comment

Q

Originally posted by JohnH
                  Do they sell liquid toner as well?
                  Dunno, but you can get some at your local package store for sure.

Originally posted by veritas
                  Your quote
                  "Cheer up, the worst is yet to come"
                  Describes our current situation perfectly.
                  Hain't we got all the fools in town on our side? And ain't that a big enough majority in any town? S. L. Clemens (Mark Twain) --- Huckleberry Finn

Originally posted by Roberts
                  Think these are as productive as an original cartridge? At that price, I'll be making the switch regardless. Thanks.
                  They're almost as productive, but I haven't yet seen any recycled product as good as an OEM.

Originally posted by zeros
                  Black Bart - I looked up the cartridge for my printer and yes, that is a very good price. You indicated the quality is also good. I was buying from InkGrabber but might switch.
                  Yeah, it's the lowest I've found -- I also once tried InkGrabber but had some problem (don't remember what it was).

Originally posted by Nashville
                  ...We got an outfit..."Cartridge World" in some of our small towns...selling cartridges...40% off. Problem...only half the toner in their cartridges and quality was bad too. I'll try out your Memphis folks, and hope they're good. If they're not, I'm going to send my wife Callie to work for you. Guarantee you'll bring her back....
                  Yeah, "half-toner" is the usual problem -- these seem not OEM full, but 90-95% and I can live with that...Tell Callie to come ahead on and advise her that we pay top Arkansas wages (minimum wage-$7.25 plus a 75 cents per hour bonus incentive with fringe benefits: prepaid return home bus ticket to three adjoining states if it doesn't work out)

Originally posted by Greenbriar
                  I have a Xerox ColorQube 8570. And I spend a lot on the cubes, but I love the printer. Any alternatives to Xerox? thanks.
                  Dear Greenb,
                  A downside of recyclers is they don't carry much late-model stuff (not enough used cartridges out there I guess) and yours sounds fairly new (what is a "cube"?). Sorry, I'm familiar with E=mc2 but not XCQ8570. Anybody else here know some economical Xerox alternatives????????

Originally posted by DTS
                  Bart,
                  Thanks for posting this timely thread. I'm in need of them and will check them out.
                  D
                  You're welcome, Dennis -- hope they help. How's the CA weather? Any snow?

Comment

Dang

I wish I'd seen this before I bought my TN-450 toner online about 45 mins ago :/

Comment

Tried this company!

Originally posted by Black Bart View Post
                      If anybody's looking for good-quality, very reasonably-priced recycled cartridges here's a good place to get them:

I've shopped around since Office Max skyrocketed their prices some years back and if your "used stuff" experience matches mine, you probably consider the words "good" and "recycled cartridges" to be an oxymoron. I've tried many suppliers with varying degrees of unsuccess (is that a word?), had given up, bit the bullet and bought new...until, I stumbled across these guys out of Memphis. I'm running HP1012 Laserjets and Sam's cost is $69.50 each -- these are a five-pack for $105 or $23 for a single. It's been smooth (and cheap) sailing for two years now.

P.S. An afterthough: some 21st century folks have probably banished paper from your offices and this is irrelevant, so please excuse the ring (still, what's the electronic equivalent to Charmin?)

A good laugh is sunshine in the house. Thackery
                      Cheer up, the worst is yet to come. Philander Johnson
                      I usually buy my toner cartidges from a company called LD Products and have been happy with them. I chose this company because they were a little cheaper and my order's on the way. Will give an update once received and used some time this week. I haven't been successful with HP cartridges from anyone. Hope this firm works out. My Brother drums and cartridges from LD have been much cheaper and excellent Thanks for the recommend.

Peachie.

Comment

wow, $22 vs. $150+ for a 53X.

Even if it was half full, it's a bargain.

Thanks, BB! I've been hesitant to buy remanufactured, and I haven't found even store brands for this cartridge. I'm placing an order!

Comment

Some printers but not my Lexmark E260dn

3500 yield $99.90 vs. Staples (Lexmark brand) 3500 yield $103 - $25 coupon = $78 Amazon 3500 yield (Lexmark brand) $92. Staples will match Amazon then apply Staples coupon and you got it down to $67 for Lexmark brand. Amazon off brand 3500 yield $63.

Comment

Dug Out This Old Topic

with a tip of the hat to Black Bart. Just ran down to my re-order point, and bought a five-pack of toners from this place for about what ONE of them cost from the manufacturer. Had bad luck in the past with re-filled cartridges running out at about half the capacity of the manufacturer.

We'll see. The cartridges from the manufacturer are so expensive you can look at them and figgur their cost is only a small fraction of their price.

Comment

Originally posted by jamdrobi View Post
                              I wish I'd seen this before I bought my TN-450 toner online about 45 mins ago :/
                              I just got a Brother printer a month ago when my HP went up on a Saturday. I got 2 of the TN420's with it, and the first one started showing "Low Toner" warnings after only 650 or so pages, supposed to be good for 1200. I bought a TN450 from Amazon for about the same price the TN420 was at WalMart. Haven't used it yet. So far I am not impressed with the printer if this is going to be the pattern for toner use. The starter cartridge just barely made its 700 page yield, and then only after changing it out and then re-using it. I always bought compatible cartridges for the HP 1320n from Amazon, the last time I got 2 for $28. I averaged well over 3000 pages with them. And since I still have them, I have ordered parts for the HP and it looks like the Brother is going to be my backup.

Comment

Working...
                              X