IRS the "New Gestapo"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FEDUKE404 View Post
    Generally speaking, in any "discussion" once any comparison to Hitler (or in this case the Gestapo) is made, it's a good time to exit the entire conversation and move on to more productive pursuits.

FE

"As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches 1."[

Comment

The likely reason for LePage's reservation of judgment? The Medicaid expansion won't cost Maine's state government a dime.

Comment

Originally posted by Roberts View Post
        "As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches 1."[
        That's Godwin's law, which I mentioned in my first reply, and which is why I've avoided this thread recently. It's an insidious phenomenon.

But terminology aside, I am disappointed by the lack of appreciation for the ways in which the IRS has improved in the last decade or so. Are people unaware of the history and purpose of the Collection Due Process? Or the Taxpayer Advocate (notwithstanding the scaling back recently)?

Comment

IRS vs

@Gary2 Here's some support for your viewpoint.

Comment

Working...
          X