HSA again Definition of Family plan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HSA again Definition of Family plan

I thought I pretty much have HSA's under control by now but it turns out not to be true.

Husband and Wife, H. makes max. contribution allowed as family plan $7,150, wife contribution to single plan is $1,000. Me and my software don't think that any contribution beyond the max. for a family plan is allowed.

Anyone disagrees?

I disagree myself, just found out that the additional contribution for age for the spouse needs to be made by that spouse, so total contributions can actually be $8150. Now I need to find out how to make ProSeries accept this.
    Last edited by Gretel; 04-09-2012, 01:09 PM. Reason: additional infor

How can they have a family plan AND a single plan? Don't think that is correct.

Comment

Each spouse can have a plan, but if one is family, the other is deemed family too. Combined contribution limit for 55 or over can go up to $8,150.

Comment

Originally posted by Burke View Post
        How can they have a family plan AND a single plan? Don't think that is correct.
        Correct. My software yelled at me too. It also kept yelling when I entered "Family plan" for both spouses but now it is not an error for e-file any longer.

Comment

Working...
        X