paper file, direct debit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

paper file, direct debit?

Ok, I've been up all night...is there a way to do a direct debit with a paper file? I rarely have anyone wanting to direct debit, but now one of my RDPs does...

I haven't done this since college, and I'm going to my 30th reunion in June....I'm surprised I can still focus on the monitor!

Originally posted by joanmcq View Post
    Ok, I've been up all night...is there a way to do a direct debit with a paper file? I rarely have anyone wanting to direct debit, but now one of my RDPs does...

I haven't done this since college, and I'm going to my 30th reunion in June....I'm surprised I can still focus on the monitor!
    I didn't remember that we even had direct debit 30 years ago. But, as they say,
    "time flies when you're having fun."
    ChEAr$,
    Harlan Lunsford, EA n LA

Comment

LOL! Ok, yeah, I'm a bit spazzed. You should have heard me trying to explain community property at 6:30am.

Been going over 11 hours straight after a 3 hour nap last night. Eight hours before that.

I think my cat is trying to tell me to go to bed.

Comment

LOL! Ok, yeah, I'm a bit spazzed. You should have heard me trying to explain community property at 6:30am.

Been going over 11 hours straight after a 3 hour nap last night. Eight hours before that.

I think my cat is trying to tell me to go to bed.
        And when I visit Napa Valley in June, will I find out what means "spazzed"? (grin

Oh nevermind. I couldn't wait so went and looked it up.
        Last edited by ChEAr$; 03-28-2012, 12:32 PM.
        ChEAr$,
        Harlan Lunsford, EA n LA

Comment

!
          Unless you are attaching an installment agreement, I don't think so......

Comment

No can do

So far as I know, it must be efiled to obtain a direct debit.

Inquiring minds want to know: Why NOT just efile the return??

FE

Comment

This inquiring mind wants to know, what is a RDP?

Comment

Originally posted by Burke View Post
                This inquiring mind wants to know, what is a RDP?
                Only in California. RDP = Registered Domestic Partner.

Comment

Originally posted by JSLATER View Post
                  Only in California. RDP = Registered Domestic Partner.
                  Oh geez, Burke, you just had to ask. grin

More than we want to know.
                  ChEAr$,
                  Harlan Lunsford, EA n LA

Comment

And RDPs/same-sex married couples file single returns under CA community property rules. As someone well versed in these returns, this extreme cluster f@#k of a filing requirement is increasing my practice at an astounding rate.

5 hour nap. Might actually get back on a normal sleep cycle in a day or two.

Comment

Now TMI

Of course, I never did find out why this problem could not have (likely) been resolved by efiling instead of using a paper return.

FE

Comment

Because neither tax software nor the IRS can handle these returns electronically.

I could efile if there was no withholding to split- but it is recommended to attach both partner's W-2s to each return, as well as a detailed schedule showing how the income is split. With MEF, I can attach the schedule, but even MFS returns with community property couldn't be efiled until 5 or 6 years ago.

Comment

Clearer now

Because neither tax software nor the IRS can handle these returns electronically.

I could efile if there was no withholding to split- but it is recommended to attach both partner's W-2s to each return, as well as a detailed schedule showing how the income is split. With MEF, I can attach the schedule, but even MFS returns with community property couldn't be efiled until 5 or 6 years ago.
                          Memo to self: Avoid certain CA returns like the plague.

Comment

It's a specialty type of return. But I'm probably tripling my practice from last year (doubled over the year before) due to this particular PITA type of return!

Comment

And they say there is nothing new under the sun......ditto FEDuke404.

Comment

Working...
                              X