it still works

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sue Baby

I graduated from high school in 1949. Small country town. My legs were so thin that
    that is what everyone called me.
    On our graduation day it was decided that we would have class reunions. The first one
    would be in 10 yrs.-1959. and then every 5 years after that.
    I went to my first one in 1984. When I walked in, everyone stood up and yelled, hey
    look, theres old bird legs.

Comment

Favorite drink

Originally posted by Chief

Black Bart, what are your soft drinks?
      I'm with everyone else. It's Dr. Pepper. But...in the summertime I drink gallons of iced tea.

Comment

Say Bird,

Originally posted by Bird Legs
        You need to visit the Dr. Pepper Museum down in the good old Baptist town of
        Waco Tx.
        Dr. Pepper was strictly a Texas drink until the early 1990s. It was was not sold outside
        Tx.
        The slogan was "Drink Dr. Pepper at 10 - 2 - & 4". Around 2 in the afternoon, Mother
        would always walk up to the store and get one. This was way out in the country.
        Do you maybe mean 1890s instead of 1990s? I'm pretty sure I remember drinking those 10-2-4 DPs (the ones with a picture of a clock on the front) as a kid in the fifties--may even have one of the old bottles around somewhere with a couple of cork-lined caps.

Comment

Bart

I realize that I am almost ancient but not petrified, yet. Can not remember when
          Dr. Pepper was bought out by a national food company and was distributed nationally.
          But my co workers would go on vacation out of state. Said the best thing about the
          trip was able to get Dr. Pepper again when they got back to Tx.
          Now, the next best thing to Dr. Pepper is that Blue Bell Home Made Vanilla Ice Cream made by that little creamery in Brenham, Tx.
          You mix those 2 together, Dr. Pepper and Blue Bell Home Made Vanilla and you really
          have something.

Comment

Petrified

Originally posted by Bird Legs
            I realize that I am almost ancient but not petrified, yet.
            Sorry; I meant that DPs might have been introduced in 1890; not that you were introduced in 1890.

Comment

Kerrville TX

I visit my mom in Kerrville, near Austin, and get Dr Pepper made with real cane sugar, in the bottle.
              mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm......... can't wait for June.........
              "I am proud to pay taxes in the United States. The only thing is I could be just as proud for half the money." Arthur Godfrey

Comment

Possi

That is the way to get it. Real cane sugar. Tastes so much better.
                How do you Kerrville?

Comment

Working...
                X