it still works

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

it still works

Dang it! I was hanging the plant back up and I knocked over my teacup right onto my keyboard. Shoulda put that whiskey in the tea, then it would have been empty by now. xmxmxmx. I guess it still works.

101 Introd to Computers

Basic rules: Never keep a cup of liquid of anykind near your computer. Take a complete break when you're thirsty.

Comment

Originally posted by jainen
      Dang it! I was hanging the plant back up and I knocked over my teacup right onto my keyboard. Shoulda put that whiskey in the tea, then it would have been empty by now. xmxmxmx. I guess it still works.
      I was so excited to get a flat Gateway computer against the wall, instead of those big ones that weigh in at 600 lbs, that when it was hooked up and ready to go, I knocked over a full glass of Dr. Pepper on it.

It took a licking and came back ticking (hopefully not a bomb).
      SueBaby

Comment

I thought all soft drinks in the south are "cokes"?

Comment

Dr. Pepper

is big in the South. Best stuff there is. I love it. Haven't had any for 4 1/2 weeks now. Sure wish I could have one right now.

Linda F

Comment

Sweet Iced Tea is the biggie in my area, North Mississippi. The teens buy it the bottles..My grandson likes Dr. Pepper, but if there is Sweet Iced Tea, the Dr. Peppers are put on hold.

Comment

Generic term

Originally posted by veritas
              That is the catch-all slang in the South for beverages, as in "Le's gogetta coke" to drive anywhere for a soft drink of any kind (including Dr. Pepper which outsells Coke three to one).

Linda--you on a diet?

Comment

Hadn't heard about

Originally posted by wv112
                Sweet Iced Tea is the biggie in my area, North Mississippi. The teens buy it the bottles..My grandson likes Dr. Pepper, but if there is Sweet Iced Tea, the Dr. Peppers are put on hold.
                that one before. Interesting though, that it's "sweet." I once had a grocer client tell me that bean canners added a little extra sugar to their products for sale in the South. Guess we've got a sweet tooth.

Comment

Black Bart

Yes, I am and the doctor said NO SOFT DRINKS AT ALL. Nothing carbonated.

So I drink lots of water. Don't like tea or coffee. I can have 1 glass of juice a day. Other than that just eat half of what I would normally eat. and Walk every day.

So we will see how it goes.

Linda F

Comment

Originally posted by Chief
                    Basic rules: Never keep a cup of liquid of anykind near your computer. Take a complete break when you're thirsty.
                    Then my day would consist of breaks only. Some days I feel I need to have a water line in my mouth to have a constant supply of water coming to me.

Comment

Funny visual, Gabriele. There we'd be at our desks with our Camelbacks on, and the water tube right at our shoulder when we need our hydration!

Comment

In the South

From my part of the south--South Carolina; it's sweet iced tea, sweet milk, and all soft carbonated drinks are pop. Sweet milk simply means it's not butter milk. If you have to drink liquids all the time it may be a sign of diabetes or brain cancer. Good luck.

Black Bart, what are your soft drinks?

Comment

Originally posted by veritas
                          To me is Dr. Pepper every day. It's suspose to be good it's a Dr.
                          SueBaby

Comment

Sue Baby

You need to visit the Dr. Pepper Museum down in the good old Baptist town of
                            Waco Tx.
                            Dr. Pepper was strictly a Texas drink until the early 1990s. It was was not sold outside
                            Tx.
                            The slogan was "Drink Dr. Pepper at 10 - 2 - & 4". Around 2 in the afternoon, Mother
                            would always walk up to the store and get one. This was way out in the country.

Comment

Originally posted by Bird Legs
                              You need to visit the Dr. Pepper Museum down in the good old Baptist town of
                              Waco Tx.
                              Dr. Pepper was strictly a Texas drink until the early 1990s. It was was not sold outside
                              Tx.
                              The slogan was "Drink Dr. Pepper at 10 - 2 - & 4". Around 2 in the afternoon, Mother
                              would always walk up to the store and get one. This was way out in the country.
                              MY KIND OF PLACE. All the Dr. Pepper I can drink. What a dream! Thanks for telling me. PS Bet your legs are not like birds.
                              SueBaby

Comment

Working...
                              X