Paper Vs Electronic Client Copy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Per their website and PCWorld:

PrimoPDF also allows you to secure your document. Unlike in older versions, you don't select the level of encryption; everything is 128-bit.

Comment

Some Free-Bee's... Not BeeNees ---

Okay -- I am virtually paperless. On my end.
      All documents that touch my desk get scanned. Works Great - ScanSnap!.
      Although the new Epson is similar priced and TWAIN compliant. Missed by that much! 8-(

Paper copes - most - but I am trying to go electronic. Kills me when clients expect me to print things for them because they can't find what I gave them yesterday or last month! I have to start charging. Paper is $40 a case at Staples. I wait for the Uber-Sale though.

GOOGLE DOCS boys and girls. FREE! Client Portal for the budget conscious (poor ok cheap - but I prefer - Smart!! ) They give you 2 gigs but you can buy 20 gigs a year for $5.

I do NOT keep client docs out there. But, when a client wants a copy of THEIR tax return I send them a shared request from Google Docs - Has worked great this summer alone!!. It is HTTPS so it is 230 compliant. Sending in email -Nope! Not even sure how acceptable an encrypted Doc is. Call PrimoPDF (very familiar with them) - Tell them you lost the password and see what they say -- If they can crack it for you - NO WAY ACCEPTABLE!

GOOGLE Voice... You can sign up for a Free phone number. This is the phone number you can give out to those certain clients but don't want to give your real cell number out to. You know - the good clients - not the PIA's!! they can call the /dev/null phone number! (That's computer geek speak for - direct to the garbage).

My pitch to my client this year will be - On CD means you get the tax return and ALL supporting documents (I do NOT hard print every supporting document). In addition, all scanned documents that support your tax position. In addition, a copy of the last two years returns as well. That's 3 years in one place -

All of your returns in One Place (they will misplace that too). but at least I saved on paper and ink!! A 100 pack of CD's can be had for dirt these days on sale. Drag and drop the client folder and your done. Takes what - a minute to burn. Less than the print out!!
      Matthew Jones
      Tax Preparation
      Computer Consultant

Tax Season is here!
      Make sure everything is working, extra ink or toner is available, Advil in top drawer!

Comment

Originally posted by MAJ View Post
        GOOGLE DOCS boys and girls. FREE! Client Portal for the budget conscious (poor ok cheap - but I prefer - Smart!! ) They give you 2 gigs but you can buy 20 gigs a year for $5.

I do NOT keep client docs out there. But, when a client wants a copy of THEIR tax return I send them a shared request from Google Docs - Has worked great this summer alone!!. It is HTTPS so it is 230 compliant. Sending in email -Nope! Not even sure how acceptable an encrypted Doc is.
        The https protocol encrypts the network connection, but says nothing about the storage. I didn't see anything in the Google Docs help about the files being encrypted while on their servers, or otherwise inaccessible to their employees.

I don't see a huge difference between https or a standalone utility both using the same encryption algorithms, other than the difficulty of determining whether the standalone utility is really doing what it's advertised as doing.

Comment

Working...
        X