NT / Client Notes / Oops

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT / Client Notes / Oops

I sometimes enter little notes to myself in the "Client #" box on my software page where you select returns to open.

Had a pastor client come in to see if Clergy Worksheets were approved for filing yet. (Even though I TOLD him I would let him know.) This is the same guy who spent an hour moaning and groaning about "the system" cause his kid was only #4 in his class.

(The "system" that allows him to exempt 14,200 for housing allowance is ok.)

So, he is standing over my shoulder when I go to open his return. My note about him:

"OMG AAUGH"

Oops.
    If you loan someone $20 and never see them again, it was probably worth it.

Originally posted by RitaB View Post
    I sometimes enter little notes to myself in the "Client #" box on my software page where you select returns to open.

Had a pastor client come in to see if Clergy Worksheets were approved for filing yet. (Even though I TOLD him I would let him know.) This is the same guy who spent an hour moaning and groaning about "the system" cause his kid was only #4 in his class.

(The "system" that allows him to exempt 14,200 for housing allowance is ok.)

So, he is standing over my shoulder when I go to open his return. My note about him:

"OMG AAUGH"

Oops.
    Chalk that one up to a greater power at work!
    And, BTW, I've got lots of people complaining about the system too . . . except when the system benefits THEM! (Which they are so blithely unaware of.)

Comment

I keep notes limited to tax related comments, never know when they might be subpoenaed by a court for litigation purposes, so opinions are never entered in notes.
      "A man that holds a cat by the tail learns something he can learn no other way." - Mark Twain

Comment

Fafsa

You know, this is the guy that was pushing me on 2/04 to get his return done so he could fill out the FAFSA. Today he was yakking about filling out scholarship apps, and let it slip that he "filled out the FAFSA on January 1".

My notes are right on, but I did delete em. LOL.

Besides, "OMG AAUGH" could mean, "This is a tough return." Right?
        Last edited by RitaB; 02-17-2011, 12:23 PM.
        If you loan someone $20 and never see them again, it was probably worth it.

Comment

Working...
        X