Can't efile..now what?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What to do now??

This is obviously a gross miscarriage of IRS law and code. You sir, will go to jail for 10-20!

8-) There are MANY users with two letter last names where I work... NG is popular. His first name is BEN -- Can't make these things up!!

Good luck!

Originally posted by Questionguy101 View Post
    Well, I have a similar problem.

I couldn't get a return to efile. So I had my client paper filed it. But I have forgotten to attach the Form 8948.

Will their tax return be rejected?

Or will I be penalized?
    Matthew Jones
    Tax Preparation
    Computer Consultant

Tax Season is here!
    Make sure everything is working, extra ink or toner is available, Advil in top drawer!

Comment

Observation

Kinda adds an entirely new dimension to "Nevermore!" for Mr. Poe, who apparently would be unable to efile.....

FE

Comment

Originally posted by AccTaxMan View Post
        I have a client originally from Asia...believe it or not, he has no last name (he only has a first name..he said it's their culture back home). So the program is not going to efile the tax return. But they also require every tax return to be efiled now...what are we supposed to do?
        Requesting a copy of his SS card should solve the problem. I don't do returns without one in my file because clients don't have the accurate info in their head.
        Believe nothing you have not personally researched and verified.

Comment

Urban Myth

Pub 1346 details the record formats used in electronic filing. There are several pages devoted to "last names" and examples for various ethnic groups such as Hispanic, Asian-Pacific, Native American, etc. They specifically show examples of one, two, and three character "last names".

Pub 1346, Part I, Section 7.01

Comment

Working...
          X