Fraud

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cheryl
    We had a construction business for years and we knew some of our employees were doing the very same scam with the IRS, but they never had me prepare their tax returns. Those same people lied to get into government housing, scammed free Christmas presents out of all the local charities for their kids and stole from us whenever they could. They bragged about getting those big tax refunds by cheating and blew all the money on drinking and partying. We paid them very well, too, $10-$15 per hour ten years ago plus a lot of overtime!

I never really knew what to do about it, but it sure made me angry. We have since sold and moved to Florida. I'm just glad we don't have to deal with it any more. Being in business these days is just too hard.

My husband got a regular job and it is HEAVEN to work for someone else. I still have my tax practice, though, and love it.

Being an EA, I never really knew if I should have reported those people because I never actually did their taxes, but I didn't report them.

You did the right thing
    Everybody should pay his income tax with a smile. I tried it, but they wanted cash

Comment

Working...
    X