No announcement yet.

PTIN updat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I obtained my PTIN which was slightly changed. The procedure requred is a mess.

Comment

I'm afraid I'd forget in December. Too much holiday stuff to keep track of. At least in October I'm still thinking taxes, rather than being in complete denial of the new season's approach!

Comment

I'm afraid I'd forget in December.
        Thanks for the reminder. It's now on my computer's "To Do" list for December 1.

Comment

IRS personnel at recent NATP tax conference said not to wait until last minute or prepare for delays. She gave the total numbers of tax preparers vs. those who had already registered and while I forget the figures, the number of ones left to go through this process was huge. If everybody waits until last 2 weeks in Dec, she said to expect system crashes.

Comment

Snail mail

After reading all the posts I decided to just paper file a W-12. I will report back when I get my renewed PTIN.

Comment

Originally posted by abby View Post
              I also didn't get a PTIN. I called the hotline and she said I should have gotten it right away if I had finished and paid the fee which I had. We signed in and went through the application screen by screen - still filled in with my responses.

When I hit submit it said I had already submitted the app, but there was a network problem. I was told to give it another day and if it's still hung up I should call them back and they would send a technical request in.
              I went through phone support again.. this time got a message that my application was accepted, but they couldn't calculate my fee.

I was advised to give it another week.

On Oct 31 12:05 AM, I received an email assigning me my old PTIN. So, took about a week and a half for whatever the problem was to be resolved.

Comment

Cannot calculate the fee?

Originally posted by abby View Post
                I went through phone support again.. this time got a message that my application was accepted, but they couldn't calculate my fee.
                The fee for everyone is currently $64.25 ($50 for the fee + $14.25 to third party for whatever).

What kind of "calculating" is necessary??

FE

Comment

Calculating the fee........

Originally posted by FEDUKE404 View Post
                  The fee for everyone is currently $64.25 ($50 for the fee + $14.25 to third party for whatever).

What kind of "calculating" is necessary??

FE
                  The same calculating that the IRS did in saying that it takes 6 hours and 56 minutes for the recordkeeping necessary to fill out the W-12 to manually register. And 35 minutes learning about the law or form. And 44 minutes to complete the W-12's 14 lines and sign.

See page 4 of the W-12 for this information.

Idiots.
                  Jiggers, EA

Comment

Received 3rd postcard

Applied for PTIN on 09/29. Got the app completed and received the application confirmation at the time of processing giving me my old PTIN. However, since then, I have received 3 postcards telling me that an online account has been created in my name. Don't know how many cards it takes to complete the process. I just keep filing them.
                    Only in government or politics is a "cut in spending" really an increase. It's just not as much of an increase as they wanted it to be, therefore a "cut".

Comment

Originally posted by Jiggers View Post
                      The same calculating that the IRS did in saying that it takes 6 hours and 56 minutes for the recordkeeping necessary to fill out the W-12 to manually register. And 35 minutes learning about the law or form. And 44 minutes to complete the W-12's 14 lines and sign.

See page 4 of the W-12 for this information.
                      Yes, hilarious. And compare to the time burden given for electronic sign up- "about 15 minutes." Mailing a W-12 took less time than that.

Comment

Working...
                      X