1099--8919

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1099--8919

Has anyone done the 8919 for 1099-MISC income that should've been employee? I've just realized the SS-8 also has to be sent in, are we in for headaches?

are we in for headaches?
    Not if you send in an SS8?

Comment

I will be sending the SS-8, will IRS be contacting the TP?

Comment

Well

Originally posted by Super Mom View Post
        Has anyone done the 8919 for 1099-MISC income that should've been employee? I've just realized the SS-8 also has to be sent in, are we in for headaches?
        Can't comment on the 8919 cause I've never done one, and don't plan to ever do one in the future. But, the worker may be in for a headache if he still has the job and wants to keep it.
        If you loan someone $20 and never see them again, it was probably worth it.

Comment

I don't think the TP is still working there. I just know how a TP can get upset about IRS contact, and wondered what might be generated by the SS-8.

Comment

Internal Revenue will investigate

Originally posted by Super Mom View Post
            I don't think the TP is still working there. I just know how a TP can get upset about IRS contact, and wondered what might be generated by the SS-8.
            and make a determination. If it's in the client's favor he will get his portion of the social security refunded. The Employer can face some stiff penalties. The employee will be contacted via his refund.

Peachie

Comment

Working...
            X