Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Recording Clients phone calls & logging them on PC?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recording Clients phone calls & logging them on PC?

I did a very brief research on this and its my understanding that some states permit recording if at least one party consents and some other states when both party consent. Does anyone on the board do this and if so what is the software you use? I saw one called TRx personal call recorder that is Win 7 compatible.

legal

It is legal in my state and I used to record ALL calls with IRS and certain "problem" clients(my uncle was a private eye and he showed me how to quite simply attach a can ordinary tape recorder to phone) - However, my system was somewhat cumbersome and I would sometimes "forget" to push record button (Duh!) - Anyway, I did this one time and avoided a potential E&O claim from a (now) ex-client - He said "YOU told me so and so" and then I stopped him and said, "No I think I said something else, wait a minute and I'll play back our earlier conversation for you" - Never heard from him again!

Comment

Most software that will record to your computer requires a dialup modem.

If needed I use a handheld tape recorder and put the phone on speaker.

Comment

Dont all PC's come with a dial modem?

I just purchased a new PC with win7. Doesn't it have a dial up modem already?

Comment

Working...
        X