e-service

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NotEasy View Post
    Is there anyone familiar with using the e-service?

I have registered with the e-service online. And I have received the confirmation code by mail. I have also entered the confirmation code and received the message that the registration process has been completed. But it seems to me at this time I can only use the e-service to apply to use the TIN matching, apply for PTIN and apply for e-file. Nothing else.

I have heard we can use the e-service to check the amount of estimated tax paid by our clients, their W-2 information and past tax records, etc. What do I need to do in order to be able to use those functions?

Thank you.
    Check the home page or the FAQ page. You may need to be an EA, CPA, Atty to use the other options.
    Believe nothing you have not personally researched and verified.

Comment

Do I keep the signed copy of Form 8821 and produce it if requested or is it faxed to the IRS?

The process is very confusing.

Comment

POA & e-Services

If you are entering a POA via e-Services, then you keep the signed original for your records.

If you are mailing, faxing, whatever, a POA, then the original goes to the IRS (keep a copy for your records). You wait until they enter your POA in their system.

It's immediate if you enter a Form 2848 (is that the number?) via e-Services. Then, you can immediately get transcripts online.

Comment

With a POA you can also get the info faxed to you by calling the hotline.
          Believe nothing you have not personally researched and verified.

Comment

Working...
          X